Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation something is wrong with their nexus texas repair center!

i just want to use this forum to share my experience again.

as a person who has sent the same tablet five times to their center, i can say that i know pretty well the repair process.

i just sent my replacement - refurbished tablet (it randomly rebooted, and one time it powered off automatically.) to their center two weeks ago. it was picked up by fedex on monday, they got it on thursday two weeks ago. i can usually see the rma status updated right away on the same day.

but this time, it didn't see the RMA status update until tuesday of next week, 4 business days later. then on that thursday or friday, they updated the rma status again from incomplete to complete, however, their fedex code was wrong! they put the received fedex tracking code in it!

So I waited until this monday, i chatted with their jamaica service center online, the person saw the mistake, and told me that s/he will report it, and i should see it updated 2 days later. and s/he told me that they already sent me the reloaded android tablet last friday.

usually, i sent the tablet on monday, and i will get it by friday two weeks later. so if they actually sent it on friday, i should have got it today already.

but it has been 17 days, they still even haven't updated the rma status online!

Global Posts
    4,210 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Default Re: something is wrong with their nexus texas repair center!

Quote Originally Posted by preppystud View Post
    i just want to use this forum to share my experience again.

as a person who has sent the same tablet five times to their center, i can say that i know pretty well the repair process.

i just sent my replacement - refurbished tablet (it randomly rebooted, and one time it powered off automatically.) to their center two weeks ago. it was picked up by fedex on monday, they got it on thursday two weeks ago. i can usually see the rma status updated right away on the same day.

but this time, it didn't see the RMA status update until tuesday of next week, 4 business days later. then on that thursday or friday, they updated the rma status again from incomplete to complete, however, their fedex code was wrong! they put the received fedex tracking code in it!

So I waited until this monday, i chatted with their jamaica service center online, the person saw the mistake, and told me that s/he will report it, and i should see it updated 2 days later. and s/he told me that they already sent me the reloaded android tablet last friday.

usually, i sent the tablet on monday, and i will get it by friday two weeks later. so if they actually sent it on friday, i should have got it today already.

but it has been 17 days, they still even haven't updated the rma status online!
    I think it's time to give them a call again...
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

OMG BECKY IT'S ALMOST HERE. The greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone is on the verge of release. Unlock bootloaders, flash recoveries, root, and more. Open source, powerful, end-to-end encryption, enhanced by Droplr and Amazon's Secure Content Distribution Network. Best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

Default Re: something is wrong with their nexus texas repair center!

Might be vacations. If they only have a few techs and some are off things are going to slow way down.

I am having a similar issue with a car dealer. The car died and will not start. Had it towed in the beginning of the week. They might get to it by July 2nd or it might be after the 4th. However, I am not in a hurry to hear how much this dead battery is going to cost me. I suspect several thousand.