Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  • 1 Post By arctic388
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 7 vs new model Asus MeMopad 8

i have a 2012 nexus 7 and it has worked well up to now with battery not charging right and charge port issues so its time to get a new device. the MeMopad 8 has caught my eye. the new one going to be released 6/30/14. what do you all think is the better device? or is there something else coming that i dont know about that i should wait and get.

Default Re: Nexus 7 vs new model Asus MeMopad 8

The MeMO Pad specs aren't that impressive. 1280x800 screen, 1 GB RAM, relatively basic GPU (I saw an article where the Mali 400 MP4 was called "the fastest smartphone GPU"--in 2011). It really seems like they're aiming for the budget market. Since the 2013 Nexus 7 has been out for a while, you could probably find some good deals on it, either new or refurbished. Its specs are still significantly better than the MeMO Pad (1920x1200 screen, 2 GB RAM, Adreno 320 GPU), and you get the added benefit of being a Nexus device, with prompt updates from the mothership.
    brosko likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

my nexus 7 2012 version finally just quit charging at all. was able to charge it by taking off back and hooking a cut USB red and black to the battery cable but i went ahead an ordered me a 2014 Memo pad 8. supposed to be delivered today. if it last me as long as my nexus 7 it should be good.

Ok, let us know what you think of the MeMO Pad after using it for a while!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

supposed to be shipped today. i am so scared the resolution isnt going to WOW me but hopefully its not to bad.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

so far the Memo pad 8 is a really good tablet. the resolution to me doesn't look bad. its not awesome but its good enough. there is a very slight lag sometimes but i can live with that. to me its just the normal android lag. it seems to be a lot faster than my old Nexus 7 but it was starting to really be terribly slow.
    B. Diddy likes this.