Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question this tablet doesn't restore installed apps? how come.

it is the same tablet. after i got it back from repair (they reinstalled the system again), i signed in with my account. this machine didn't automatically restore all my apps.

Default Re: this tablet doesn't restore installed apps? how come.

That process seems rather iffy (I mean, how does it know which apps to reinstall - all apps that you ever had on the tablet, or just the ones that were present at the end?) and I usually bypass it anyway because I prefer to start fresh.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

They should install from the Play Store. I had no problem when I did a factory reset several months ago.

Posted via Android Central App
    Not every device nor provider is for everyone. So choose carefully before you put your money down. Then live with your decision.

T-Mobile Note 4
    Nexus 7 (2013)
    Asus Transformer Pad TF300T
    Chromecast
    Gear 2 Neo
    Gear S
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

i think that after i got my replacement, once i entered my user name, it instantly started to reinstall every apps that i had in my last tablet. i didn't even have to ask. i was surprised by it, because i have sent the last one for repair for 5 times, it never happened before.

after i did a factory reset, once i signed in, it also instantly installed everything. but it was stuck , i had to reboot it in order for it to continue installing.

but after they reloaded the system, this tablet didn't reinstally any of my previous apps at all. i had to do it manually now. strange.

It is probably a good thing that it did not automatically install your apps as you will want to use it for awhile just using the stock apps. Be sure you update all of the stock apps before using them.
    You can observe a lot by watching- Yogi Berra

Quote Originally Posted by DolphinDroid View Post
    It is probably a good thing that it did not automatically install your apps as you will want to use it for awhile just using the stock apps. Be sure you update all of the stock apps before using them.
    I agree. PreppyStud seems to have some bad apps loaded on his system that cause it reboot. Better to load them one by one, run it for a couple of days, and find the one that is causing the system to reboot.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

yes. even though it didn't reinstall every apps, i don't really use all of them all the time. so i will just install one by one.

so far, only one app froze then tablet rebooted once.

Sounds like you found a bad app.
    Thanked by: