new problem: headphone jack is partially working.

preppystud

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I used "magjicjack" app before, i was able to hear the sound from the headphone.

but today when i tried to use it again, the sound is only coming directly from the tablet itself, there is no sound from the headphone. i tried another headphone nothing.

i thought that i need to send it back for repair again. but i tried it with youtube, it worked fine. i can hear the sound from the youtube on my headphone.

so can anyone tell me what is going on here?

---
update: after i made a phone call. then tried youtube again. now the problem is gone, i was able to hear the sound from the headphone now.

but what is wrong with the tablet? or the app?

Last edited:

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Could be app, tablet, file, or headphones. Change ONE at a time and see what effect that has.

FWIW, I was watching a video on YouTube last night and it only had sound in one ear. I assumed it was a bad source file.

Dot Neveragain

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Did you make a phone call with your tablet? How do you do that? (I have a Nexus 7 2013). Anyway, my jack doesn't appear to work, either--if I 'feel around' sometimes the earbuds it might work for a minute. Should I go somewhere that sells headphones and see if it's all headphones, and if that's not it and it's the jack, then contact Asus or Nexus or whomever for a repair authorization? Or should I download that app majicjack?

preppystud

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
yes. if you want to make free usa canada calls, download the "magicjack" app, it is very easy to use.

as for your problem, try it with different headphones, and try it with youtube, if you still can't hear anything from the headphones or youtube or other sound producing apps or web sites, then something is wrong with your tablet.

you have to contact asus for a repair, do it quick before the one year warranty expires.

jolphil

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
Many times a faulty headphone can be caused by a poor contact on the mini plug itself..You can get a good contact cleaner and liberally apply it to the mini plug and insert it into the jack numerous time to clean the dirt./oxidation ..This is a simple fix and many times is all you need. The best electronic contact cleaner I have found is a brand called " Deoxit ".. You can use others but this seems to do a much better job..It is expensive compared to some others.. You can find it online and even in Radio Shack stores..
Goodluck