Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    2,520 Global Posts

Default Nexus 7 (2013) long term use. Would you still recommend it ?

Quick question for users who own this tablet for long period (6-12 months). How is this tablet reliability and would you still recommend it . I have done some research and it seems that this tablet has many issues. I got myself iPad mini with retina display but I am still contemplating nexus 7 mainly due to the price. iPad mini is just so expensive. I can get a laptop for this 32gb version I just bought . It kind of does not feel right. Nexus is definitely more reasonably priced. I am just not sure abut its quality. Many people complain about random reboots , ghosting, gps issues etc. whereas iPad seems to be rock solid with hardly any complaints.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Default Re: Nexus 7 (2013) long term use. Would you still recommend it ?

I've had both WiFi-only and LTE models for many months, and they are both awesome.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

My nexus has been issue-free since the day I bought it. The closest thing to an issue I've had was when my auto rotation quit working. All I had to do to fix that was uninstall an app.

Posted via Android Central App

I have had mine for 7-8 months. No issues. No random reboots, ghosting, gps issues, etc. Display is as good as retina. Android can be easily customized. If you read complaints that is pretty much what forums are for -- to fix problems. I also have an Ipad Mini and rarely use it.

Bought mine the day it was released and haven't had any issues. Really happy with mine.

9 months without an issue.

8 months and use it for several hours every day, only a couple random reboots I believe were caused by the same app (which I use very often). This device is awesome and I highly recommend it to anyone listening to me.

Over 6 months and no complaints.

Had mine since release. No issues my end.

Six months here. Heavily used. Maybe once or twice a week the touch screen gets unresponsive but a soft power off/on cycle quickly fixes it. No other issues. Love this device.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I've had my Nexus 7 (2013) for almost a year, and I've had no problems with it (I hope I haven't just jinxed myself :-) ). I'm very pleased with it and with the apps available for it.

Global Posts
    482 Global Posts

Only problem I have had is the random reboots - haven't really tried to track it down. Otherwise, superb device - light in the hand, great 1920x1200 IPS display, both 2.4 + 5 GHz WiFi, 16 GB has been enough for me but you can get some killer deals on the 32 GB LTE device ($269?) and get free data from TMo (200 MB) for life.

I have been seeing my Nexus 7 (2013) ever since she came to town. Have not experienced a bit of grief yet. She does her chores faultlessly and without complaint. It's probably time to marry her, if I can find the right app.

I got mine a day one day -1 of availablity. It has always worked fine.

No reboots. No screen issues. I don't use the GPS so can't comment on it's capabilities or issues.

I also have never had a problem with mine. It makes me wish I had a nexus phone. I mostly just surf the web, and don't have excessive amounts of apps installed. I bet if I had 100 apps installed like some people do that I would have battery issues and reboots but that is just speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by scipper77 View Post
    I also have never had a problem with mine. It makes me wish I had a nexus phone. I mostly just surf the web, and don't have excessive amounts of apps installed. I bet if I had 100 apps installed like some people do that I would have battery issues and reboots but that is just speculation.
    Pure speculation because I know people who install every app of the day and their nexus 7 works without issues.

I've had mine since release and have only had a couple of times where the screen was unresponsive. I'm not using stock ROM though.

Quote Originally Posted by scipper77 View Post
    I bet if I had 100 apps installed like some people do that I would have battery issues and reboots but that is just speculation.
    Well, I just counted my apps. I have 68 apps listed under "download" and 139 listed under "all." Of course, many came with the tablet, and I don't use them (or at least not to my knowledge ). However, I apparently do have well over 100 apps installed, and they haven't caused any major battery issues or other issues.

I was sure to mention it was speculation. I am a bit of an app Nazi. If I don't like the permissions I don't install. If it stays running when not in use I only install if its very important to me. If I force close an app and find it running after say a reboot, it usually gets removed.

Also I meant 100 installed apps. It amazes me how much stuff rums on these tabs out of the box without really putting a dent in the resources. Add 20 or thirty apps that are reporting your usage info through adsence or whoever else and I can't see how it won't eat up resources and use more battery. Just my opinion however. I like to keep overhead to a minimum. There are apps I will install every time I use them and then uninstall.

No problems here. I've had mine for many months--can't remember how many!

+1 from me too. It's held up well.
    But i have to say it's nearly a year old. Isn't a new model on the near horizon?

I love my device, but I get touch issues far more often than I should. I get random reboots, but can live with those. I thought about sending it in to have it serviced under warranty, but use it a lot, daily, and have heard others doing this and getting it back with the same issues. If I wanted to replace it though, I would buy another Nexus 7 FHD. Unless they come out with another Nexus tablet this year that is still 7 inches. It fits in the hand comfortably, the screen is amazing and the performance is great!

Oh, and I got mine the day they released in stores.

I've had mine since December (7 months) and never had any issues. I have the 32gb WiFi version.

Ntchwaidumela likes this.

You guys are current owners and love the device. But would you recommend it right now, at this stage in the game? Or would it be wiser to wait on a possible successor.

Quote Originally Posted by dc9super80 View Post
    You guys are current owners and love the device. But would you recommend it right now, at this stage in the game? Or would it be wiser to wait on a possible successor.
    Yes, there isn't anything wrong with the tech.

Quote Originally Posted by dc9super80 View Post
    Yes. If I were to buy another tablet right now, I would buy another Nexus 7 FHD. Maybe the LTE though. I am not into Samsung, so, while theirs may be newer tech, there is nothing wrong with what the Nexus 7 has.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast