Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Ok Google Everywhere From Lockscreen or Charging

On my 2013 Nexus 7, I have enabled the "Ok Google" everywhere option, including the lock screen and when charging.

When I say the command at either the lockscreen or when the screen is off (but on the charger), it picks up the command, turns on the screen as if it's listening, then instantly stops listening. I even hear both tones simultaneously (the tone of it listening, then the tone that it's failed or stopped listening).

I uninstalled the Google Now launcher, thinking both may have been trying to listen. No luck there. Restarted after that, still the same.

I had already been in the mood to factory reset the device, so I did that yesterday and the issue still persists. So if there had been a listening app, it's long gone now. I did not restore with previously installed apps, so it should be quite clean.

When I am just on a home screen though, I never experience this. It immediately hears me and starts listening and functions perfectly.

Anyone else experiencing this?

-Cameron

Default Re: Ok Google Everywhere From Lockscreen or Charging

Is your WiFi set to turn off while the device is asleep? I know I get this when I don't have an active connection, maybe that's what's happening to you.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Ok Google Everywhere From Lockscreen or Charging

Just checked that.

"Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep" is set to Always

It is the LTE model and activated with VZ if that makes any difference. Don't expect it does though.