anyway to fix touch recognition issues?
It seems like whenever my nexus 7 2013 is on a flat surface e or not held up to use, it has issues recognizing touch inputs. Like, it'll not register key presses, when I press a icon, and things like that. Its like the digitizer goes wonky. Is there any fix for this? I've tried restoring the device and clearing the cache multiple times to see if it fixed it, and it didn't. (BTW: I've probably factory reseted this device about 20 times or so, does this cause damage to the device?)
Does anyone know if there's a fix for this? Or is it a fault with my hardware?
- 07-11-2014, 07:51 AM #2
Factory resetting is harmless and does not damage your hardware!
As far as I know more or less ALL 2nd gen Nexus 7 devices suffer from this issue. (Mine does too.) It seems that the touchscreen is not correctly grounded which in turn leads to erratic behavior when not holding the device in hand. Not a problem for me personally, because I never use my Nexus while it lies flat on a table. But some people claim that they were able to correct this problem by installing a modified touchscreen driver:
Posted via Android Central App
- By Acoustic Kitty in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 11Last Post: 12-06-2014, 09:53 AM
- By rushmore in forum LG G3Replies: 65Last Post: 07-14-2014, 06:33 PM
- By vferrari in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0Replies: 2Last Post: 07-13-2014, 02:18 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 07-11-2014, 11:09 PM
- By georgeb85 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 1Last Post: 07-11-2014, 12:31 AM