your nexus 7 production date and charging time and my first impressions

bitek

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
I took Nexus 7 for a test drive. My 1st surprise was on the box looked label. Production date "7/2013". The tablet is exactly 1 year old (might be from original batch). Next The battery was dead out of the box. When I tried to turn it on only white light blinked several times. After charging the tablet for 20 minutes or so it finally came alive. it seems to me that it takes forever to charge this tablet

Questions

1. What is production date of your tablet
2. How long does it take to fully charge your tablet
3. Was your nexus dead out of the box
4. Are there anyone nexus 7 tablets built in 2014?
5. How many hours can you use your tablet on full charge

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
I took Nexus 7 for a test drive. My 1st surprise was on the box looked label. Production date "7/2013". The tablet is exactly 1 year old (might be from original batch). Next The battery was dead out of the box. When I tried to turn it on only white light blinked several times. After charging the tablet for 20 minutes or so it finally came alive. it seems to me that it takes forever to charge this tablet

Questions

1.9/13

2.3-4 hours

3.yes (I think they all are unlike Samsung's which come with a little battery) it even mentions this somewhere on the nexus site.

4.I don't know.

5.7-9 hours screen on time. (Total on too many factors to give an estimate, it could be anywhere from a few hours to a several days I would imagine)

spbull

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site

Questions

1. August 2013 (just bought it a week ago)

2. Not enough experience in this area. When I ran it down to about 30% after the first full charge, it required about 2 1/2 hrs to charge

3. I turned in ON out of the box, it booted up & showed 12% charge left. I charged it and it took about 3, maybe 4 hours (don't remember exact time)

4. Don't know. I would guess that it is near end of it's product life cycle, because the stores are selling it discounted (as was mine, a new 32Gb for $219, and lower elsewhere if you shop)

5. I've been running screen at low/medium brightness, and getting roughly 8 hours with mix of standby & actual operating with WiFi & screen ON.
It seems to use very little battery in standby