Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default WiFi and SIM

I have an unlocked Nexus 7, which I will be taking with me when I travel to Mexico next month. I plan to buy a local SIM card in Mexico.

I'll be attending a school that has no WiFi, and staying in a household that also has none. However, free WiFi is available nearby. My question is: will I be able to make my data go farther by turning off the SIM card while I am using the free WiFi?

Thank you

Default Re: WiFi and SIM

As long as you have a Wi-Fi connection you should not have to worry about messing with the SIM card. I don't have the LTE version of the tablet but I assume that it's pretty similar to my phone - you could just use the Quick Toggle to turn off Mobile data, but you really shouldn't even have to do that (unless the Wi-Fi signal is marginal).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: WiFi and SIM

Thanks. It doesn't seem to have a Quick Toggle, but maybe that's because there's no SIM card in it now - I'm using it (mostly trying to figure it out!) on the WiFi network in my home.