Sdcard using 41% of battery!

Perry Moore

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
Recently my nexus 7 battery has been draining, I checked and found that "sdcard" has been using the most battery, at 41%, I've already booted into recovery mode and cleared the system cache. I'm not rooted and I'm running stock 4.4.4. Help please!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Cetnral! That's an odd entry. It makes me wonder if you have a corrupt file in your Internal Storage (most likely a corrupt photo or music file), and the system's Media Scanner is hung up on it, thus causing extra CPU usage. This is usually pretty easy to find when on an external SD card, because you can insert it into a PC and run chkdsk from Windows. But I'm not sure how to do that on a device's Internal Storage.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you have a lot of media stored locally? Like photos, music files, video files? Consider backing them all up and removing them all from your phone.

Buegie

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm getting the same issue: My Nexus 7 (2013) drains overnight from a full charge to less than 20%

The Battery info in Settings shows "Android OS" and "sdcard" apps both at 41% of battery use for the unit.

There's no SD Card in the unit, so I'm at a loss here. No music files on the '7' and only one stored image (no photos)

I have not found any answers when searching the 'net.

Any new information?

Thanks.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting the same issue: My Nexus 7 (2013) drains overnight from a full charge to less than 20%

The Battery info in Settings shows "Android OS" and "sdcard" apps both at 41% of battery use for the unit.

There's no SD Card in the unit, so I'm at a loss here. No music files on the '7' and only one stored image (no photos)

I have not found any answers when searching the 'net.

Any new information?

Thanks.
SD card does not refer to physical card. It is referring to files or operating system files

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox