Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sdcard using 41% of battery!

Recently my nexus 7 battery has been draining, I checked and found that "sdcard" has been using the most battery, at 41%, I've already booted into recovery mode and cleared the system cache. I'm not rooted and I'm running stock 4.4.4. Help please!!

Default Re: Sdcard using 41% of battery!

Welcome to Android Cetnral! That's an odd entry. It makes me wonder if you have a corrupt file in your Internal Storage (most likely a corrupt photo or music file), and the system's Media Scanner is hung up on it, thus causing extra CPU usage. This is usually pretty easy to find when on an external SD card, because you can insert it into a PC and run chkdsk from Windows. But I'm not sure how to do that on a device's Internal Storage.
    Perry Moore likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

How would you advice getting rid of this problem?

Do you have a lot of media stored locally? Like photos, music files, video files? Consider backing them all up and removing them all from your phone.

I'm getting the same issue: My Nexus 7 (2013) drains overnight from a full charge to less than 20%

The Battery info in Settings shows "Android OS" and "sdcard" apps both at 41% of battery use for the unit.

There's no SD Card in the unit, so I'm at a loss here. No music files on the '7' and only one stored image (no photos)

I have not found any answers when searching the 'net.

Any new information?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Buegie View Post
    I'm getting the same issue: My Nexus 7 (2013) drains overnight from a full charge to less than 20%

The Battery info in Settings shows "Android OS" and "sdcard" apps both at 41% of battery use for the unit.

There's no SD Card in the unit, so I'm at a loss here. No music files on the '7' and only one stored image (no photos)

I have not found any answers when searching the 'net.

Any new information?

Thanks.
    SD card does not refer to physical card. It is referring to files or operating system files

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:

Sounds like you've got a rogue app that is continuously accessing memory.