Nexus 7 1 year in...

Brian Low

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Mine has definitely been a bit laggy lately. Either that or I've just been too spoiled by the nexus 5 to notice those very tiny dropped frame rates. Either than the minor lag those makes it stutter slightly it seems to be holding out well. Can't wait to see if Google will release a bigger tablet this year. After a years use, I find the 7 inch form factor isnt really my thing.

Posted via Android Central App

Davehow

Banned
Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Still like it (just ordered a different slimmer case for it today actually) but I plan to switch to an 8" tablet around January.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Mine has definitely been a bit laggy lately. Either that or I've just been too spoiled by the nexus 5 to notice those very tiny dropped frame rates. Either than the minor lag those makes it stutter slightly it seems to be holding out well. Can't wait to see if Google will release a bigger tablet this year. After a years use, I find the 7 inch form factor isnt really my thing.

Should not be laggy. Mine is every bit as fast as my Nexus 5. Despite the larger screen.

davisgq

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
I've had my N7 for about 5 months or so (coming from a Blackberry Playbook). The only gripes I have (and it's very small ones) is the lack of Flash on the N7 and occasional lag after a few days of heavy use (which is rectified after a soft reboot). And often, certain games and apps stop responding/crash and the N7 closes them. Not the fault of the N7 necessarily. Otherwise, I love everything about it. The display is crystal clear and the slim design doesn't weigh me down (the Playbook was kind of clunky-feeling and heavy.) I was going to get an iPad Mini Retina, but for what I use a tablet for, the N7 suffices and then some. Since I deal a lot with Google apps, it also made a lot of sense to go with a Google/Android tablet. I also miss the Bridge feature that was on the Playbook (where I could use my BB phone as a keyboard to type on the tablet and also tether it to use internet.) I use a Blackberry Q10, so I don't really use my N7 for heavy/excessive typing. I despise having to type on an all-touch screen. Yes, Google has Swype and I also have the Swiftkey keyboard installed on my N7 which makes it easier to handle, but call me old-fashioned, I like PUSHING physical buttons. For short replies and such, the N7 does what it needs to do. For intensive typing (on Tumblr or writing cover letters and such), I use a laptop obviously.

I'm looking to upgrade my case soon and I purchased a new stylus a while back. I look forward to using this tablet for a while and again, the overall experience has been enjoyable.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
I'm looking to upgrade my case soon
Perhaps you should look at one of those cases that incorporates a Bluetooth keyboard?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

davisgq

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!Perhaps you should look at one of those cases that incorporates a Bluetooth keyboard?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the shout-out! :) I am actually considering my options and was also looking at various cases which incorporate a wireless Bluetooth keyboard. May actually take the plunge and get one. Haha.

openwheelracing

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I still use it everyday. One of best tech purchase in my life. I use it the way it was intended. No rom. Just simple pure Android for media consumption.

CDG

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I have only had mine for a week but I am loving it. My only complaint is the battery life, it is about 50% of the iPad Mini r but it does last a whole day and more of constantly using it.

Sent from my Nexus 7

aokusman

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Bought mine user for $100 off Craigslist in February. Great device with no slow downs. I can't imagine spending $400 on an iPad.

r311music

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
I've had mine almost a year. I still love it. I had Galaxy Note 10.1(2014 edition) also, but ended up selling that one since I never used it. My nexus and Chromebook are my two most used devices at home. The nexus is great when I want to sit out on the patio, watch Netflix, mlb.TV, or listen to some music while browsing the web. It also is my travel companion as its the perfect size to slip in a carry on and bust out whenever I need some entertainment.

Posted via the Android Central App

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Zero lag on mine. I replaced my Wi-Fi only version with the LTE version a couple of months ago. It's the best bang for your buck.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy