Nexus 7 1 year in...

thatguy97

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
How's everyone still liking their Nexus 7 almost a year in ( I know I still love mine)

Posted from my Nexus 7 2013 running Android L or Samsung galaxy S5

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
How's everyone still liking their Nexus 7 almost a year in ( I know I still love mine)

Eh its still a decent tablet but too slow/laggy/touch unresponsive for my liking. Barely use it anymore. And that may sound a little harsh but I like fluidity. That's why I don't buy Samsung products.
And the only thing to satisfy that want so far is my N5 and M8.
Sorry for going off topic. Lol

thatguy97

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I hear ya I only use mine for YouTube and downloaded movies and for that it's great but my s5 has really stolen it's thunder

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Interesting--I have no lag whatsoever on my N7. It's always a stark contrast to my 2012 N7, which is fairly pokey in comparison when it comes to updating apps, app transitions, syncing Google apps, etc. I find that my N7 and N5 performance is identical (which is good).

Sophos

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Interesting--I have no lag whatsoever on my N7. It's always a stark contrast to my 2012 N7, which is fairly pokey in comparison when it comes to updating apps, app transitions, syncing Google apps, etc. I find that my N7 and N5 performance is identical (which is good).

This^^..... My N7 doesn't lag at all. I don't use it as much as I thought I would though, I complete most tasks on my phone. The N7 sits next to the can for reading news etc.

I play with my food

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I would say the biggest thing for me is how poor the touch response is on my tablet. Sometimes it reminds me of a freaking resistive touch screen.

thatguy97

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Mine doesn't lag at all mostly mine just sometimes gets laggy in the app drawer

physioprof

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Mine is smooth as silk in the apps that are my daily drivers, the screen is awesome, and the touch issues (which were minor for me in the first place) were completely resolved by one of the OS updates.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

thatguy97

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Yah the initial kitkat update was not good a day had a lot of problems until 442 imo

Colorado Guy

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I upgraded to the 2013 N7 when it came out, a worthwhile upgrade for me. Still use it quite a bit for early morning review of email and news websites as it is more convenient than either my desktop or my laptop. So, I keep my laptop for work, but the N7 for personal/entertainment uses. Occasional emails, yes. Serious typing, no.

I also find it easy to throw into my travel bag with my laptop while traveling, lightweight and a lot easier to use on airplanes.

I do find myself thinking of a larger screen device though. A 10" tablet may be my next purchase.

cybernutte

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I hope I don't jinx myself by saying this, but I haven't had any lag problems or touch problems with my Nexus 7 (2013). I love it! I use it for email, for web surfing, forum reading, book reading, RSS feed reading, plus my Classic Words Plus (i.e., Scrabble), probably my favorite app, along with the SwiftKey keyboard, which sometimes knows my mind better than I do. Admittedly, if I'm going to write something long, I'll move to my desktop computer, though when I travel, I often bring not just the Nexus but also a very lightweight and amazingly comfortable Anker Ultra-Slim Bluetooth Keyboard. In short, I'm very happy with the Nexus 7 (2013), which I've now had for almost exactly one year.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Mine works great. I got it day before the official release. So far no lagging or other issues. Battery life seems to be around 7 hours with mixed used of watching videos and web browsing. I love the wireless charging.

LucyLucid

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
My Nexus 7 is doing quite fine, no laggys, although I've been suffering from touch issues. The battery, while still pretty good, suffers from the intensive tasks I run a lot, which is my fault. I'm still on 4.3 because Kitkat restricts some features I use.

Posted via Android Central App

mattmatt299

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Its a huge improvement over the first gen. Battery lasts for about 3 days with occasional gaming, surfing, reading. The screen is much better.

However, I also have my iPad Air and my daughter's iPad Mini to compare to. The Nexus is unfortunately slower in gaming. Much much slower than the Air. It also has annoying screen stutter when surfing the web or even turning pages in Kindle or Scribd.

Its definitely worth the $140 I paid to have it as a 2nd tablet, but it has a long way to go before its as good as an iPad.

Roger Gibbens

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
I like my Nexus 7 a lot. I am still getting used to having a tablet....big adjustment for me, as I was a die hard PC fan. But the freedom to move around the house and still do just about everything the PC does is GREAT! I hardly use the PC at all now, except for music uploads and large file transfers. It's just easier to do on the PC and my Google Play Music account is linked to the PC for automatic uploading to everything else.

I think getting the case with the built-in keyboard has made a HUGE difference for me...makes the tablet a laptop in my mind, and frees up so much screen space. OK....I'm gushing. I'll stop now.

meskin84

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
As of right now, I am about to hit the one year mark. I got my Nexus 7 on the 30th and love this little guy. I didn't experience lag or touch issues like some of the others here are saying and this device is what got me to swap out my iPhone for an Android device. I found I was using my tablet much more than I was using my phone because I love this OS experience so much more.

I DID have one major issues, though. The automatic reboot! Every couple of hours, the thing would just freeze up and reboot itself. It was really annoying, but I loved the device so !much I just looked past it. Well, since my year was coming up I decided to send it in to Asus for repair and its been back about a week and (crossing fingers, knocking on wood, throwing salt over shoulder) not one reboot. I can easily see using this as my primary device for another year.

Posted via Android Central App

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Mine doesn't lag at all mostly mine just sometimes gets laggy in the app drawer

Just bought one about a week ago. I am shocked at how little it has aged in a year. It is still competitive with the best tablets out there...I think the Nvidia Shield is the first tablet that might actually surpass it. Using it has been a dream.

Except for the lack of SD of course. But I am resigned to just accept that limitation with nexus stuff now. In every other way the tablet is just so awesome. It is light years better than the Asus tf300 it replaced.

Have not seen any lag on mine yet, even stock. But I always enable GPU rendering in developer options, and I always use ART...so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I LOVE that it has GPS and Bluetooth (tf300 had neither), and the mic is much better on this tablet.

I would say the biggest thing for me is how poor the touch response is on my tablet. Sometimes it reminds me of a freaking resistive touch screen.
Am not seeing this on mine...touch response is every bit as good as my Nexus 5.