Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 7 1 year in...

How's everyone still liking their Nexus 7 almost a year in ( I know I still love mine)

Posted from my Nexus 7 2013 running Android L or Samsung galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy97 View Post
    How's everyone still liking their Nexus 7 almost a year in ( I know I still love mine)

Eh its still a decent tablet but too slow/laggy/touch unresponsive for my liking. Barely use it anymore. And that may sound a little harsh but I like fluidity. That's why I don't buy Samsung products.
    And the only thing to satisfy that want so far is my N5 and M8.
    Sorry for going off topic. Lol
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Nexus 7 1 year in...

I hear ya I only use mine for YouTube and downloaded movies and for that it's great but my s5 has really stolen it's thunder

Interesting--I have no lag whatsoever on my N7. It's always a stark contrast to my 2012 N7, which is fairly pokey in comparison when it comes to updating apps, app transitions, syncing Google apps, etc. I find that my N7 and N5 performance is identical (which is good).

Global Posts
    379 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Interesting--I have no lag whatsoever on my N7. It's always a stark contrast to my 2012 N7, which is fairly pokey in comparison when it comes to updating apps, app transitions, syncing Google apps, etc. I find that my N7 and N5 performance is identical (which is good).
    This^^..... My N7 doesn't lag at all. I don't use it as much as I thought I would though, I complete most tasks on my phone. The N7 sits next to the can for reading news etc.

I play with my food
    B. Diddy likes this.

Mine doesn't lag at all. I think it is great.

I would say the biggest thing for me is how poor the touch response is on my tablet. Sometimes it reminds me of a freaking resistive touch screen.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Mine doesn't lag at all mostly mine just sometimes gets laggy in the app drawer

Mine is smooth as silk in the apps that are my daily drivers, the screen is awesome, and the touch issues (which were minor for me in the first place) were completely resolved by one of the OS updates.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Yah the initial kitkat update was not good a day had a lot of problems until 442 imo

I upgraded to the 2013 N7 when it came out, a worthwhile upgrade for me. Still use it quite a bit for early morning review of email and news websites as it is more convenient than either my desktop or my laptop. So, I keep my laptop for work, but the N7 for personal/entertainment uses. Occasional emails, yes. Serious typing, no.

I also find it easy to throw into my travel bag with my laptop while traveling, lightweight and a lot easier to use on airplanes.

I do find myself thinking of a larger screen device though. A 10" tablet may be my next purchase.

I hope I don't jinx myself by saying this, but I haven't had any lag problems or touch problems with my Nexus 7 (2013). I love it! I use it for email, for web surfing, forum reading, book reading, RSS feed reading, plus my Classic Words Plus (i.e., Scrabble), probably my favorite app, along with the SwiftKey keyboard, which sometimes knows my mind better than I do. Admittedly, if I'm going to write something long, I'll move to my desktop computer, though when I travel, I often bring not just the Nexus but also a very lightweight and amazingly comfortable Anker Ultra-Slim Bluetooth Keyboard. In short, I'm very happy with the Nexus 7 (2013), which I've now had for almost exactly one year.

All good except for touchy touch screen issues.

Mine works great. I got it day before the official release. So far no lagging or other issues. Battery life seems to be around 7 hours with mixed used of watching videos and web browsing. I love the wireless charging.
    brosko likes this.

My Nexus 7 is doing quite fine, no laggys, although I've been suffering from touch issues. The battery, while still pretty good, suffers from the intensive tasks I run a lot, which is my fault. I'm still on 4.3 because Kitkat restricts some features I use.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Its a huge improvement over the first gen. Battery lasts for about 3 days with occasional gaming, surfing, reading. The screen is much better.

However, I also have my iPad Air and my daughter's iPad Mini to compare to. The Nexus is unfortunately slower in gaming. Much much slower than the Air. It also has annoying screen stutter when surfing the web or even turning pages in Kindle or Scribd.

Its definitely worth the $140 I paid to have it as a 2nd tablet, but it has a long way to go before its as good as an iPad.

I like my Nexus 7 a lot. I am still getting used to having a tablet....big adjustment for me, as I was a die hard PC fan. But the freedom to move around the house and still do just about everything the PC does is GREAT! I hardly use the PC at all now, except for music uploads and large file transfers. It's just easier to do on the PC and my Google Play Music account is linked to the PC for automatic uploading to everything else.

I think getting the case with the built-in keyboard has made a HUGE difference for me...makes the tablet a laptop in my mind, and frees up so much screen space. OK....I'm gushing. I'll stop now.

ROM
    4.1.2 stock JB

yeahh... its pretty ok.. i only use it for Youtube, Network Movie Streaming and Pron.

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts

As of right now, I am about to hit the one year mark. I got my Nexus 7 on the 30th and love this little guy. I didn't experience lag or touch issues like some of the others here are saying and this device is what got me to swap out my iPhone for an Android device. I found I was using my tablet much more than I was using my phone because I love this OS experience so much more.

I DID have one major issues, though. The automatic reboot! Every couple of hours, the thing would just freeze up and reboot itself. It was really annoying, but I loved the device so !much I just looked past it. Well, since my year was coming up I decided to send it in to Asus for repair and its been back about a week and (crossing fingers, knocking on wood, throwing salt over shoulder) not one reboot. I can easily see using this as my primary device for another year.

Global Posts
    2,685 Global Posts
    ROM
    Perma-rooted and unlocked

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy97 View Post
    Mine doesn't lag at all mostly mine just sometimes gets laggy in the app drawer
    Just bought one about a week ago. I am shocked at how little it has aged in a year. It is still competitive with the best tablets out there...I think the Nvidia Shield is the first tablet that might actually surpass it. Using it has been a dream.

Except for the lack of SD of course. But I am resigned to just accept that limitation with nexus stuff now. In every other way the tablet is just so awesome. It is light years better than the Asus tf300 it replaced.

Have not seen any lag on mine yet, even stock. But I always enable GPU rendering in developer options, and I always use ART...so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I LOVE that it has GPS and Bluetooth (tf300 had neither), and the mic is much better on this tablet.

Quote Originally Posted by mchockeyvette27 View Post
    I would say the biggest thing for me is how poor the touch response is on my tablet. Sometimes it reminds me of a freaking resistive touch screen.
    Am not seeing this on mine...touch response is every bit as good as my Nexus 5.

Mine has definitely been a bit laggy lately. Either that or I've just been too spoiled by the nexus 5 to notice those very tiny dropped frame rates. Either than the minor lag those makes it stutter slightly it seems to be holding out well. Can't wait to see if Google will release a bigger tablet this year. After a years use, I find the 7 inch form factor isnt really my thing.

Banned

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts

Still like it (just ordered a different slimmer case for it today actually) but I plan to switch to an 8" tablet around January.

Global Posts
    2,685 Global Posts
    ROM
    Perma-rooted and unlocked

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Low View Post
    Mine has definitely been a bit laggy lately. Either that or I've just been too spoiled by the nexus 5 to notice those very tiny dropped frame rates. Either than the minor lag those makes it stutter slightly it seems to be holding out well. Can't wait to see if Google will release a bigger tablet this year. After a years use, I find the 7 inch form factor isnt really my thing.
    Should not be laggy. Mine is every bit as fast as my Nexus 5. Despite the larger screen.

Global Posts
    143 Global Posts

I've had my N7 for about 5 months or so (coming from a Blackberry Playbook). The only gripes I have (and it's very small ones) is the lack of Flash on the N7 and occasional lag after a few days of heavy use (which is rectified after a soft reboot). And often, certain games and apps stop responding/crash and the N7 closes them. Not the fault of the N7 necessarily. Otherwise, I love everything about it. The display is crystal clear and the slim design doesn't weigh me down (the Playbook was kind of clunky-feeling and heavy.) I was going to get an iPad Mini Retina, but for what I use a tablet for, the N7 suffices and then some. Since I deal a lot with Google apps, it also made a lot of sense to go with a Google/Android tablet. I also miss the Bridge feature that was on the Playbook (where I could use my BB phone as a keyboard to type on the tablet and also tether it to use internet.) I use a Blackberry Q10, so I don't really use my N7 for heavy/excessive typing. I despise having to type on an all-touch screen. Yes, Google has Swype and I also have the Swiftkey keyboard installed on my N7 which makes it easier to handle, but call me old-fashioned, I like PUSHING physical buttons. For short replies and such, the N7 does what it needs to do. For intensive typing (on Tumblr or writing cover letters and such), I use a laptop obviously.

I'm looking to upgrade my case soon and I purchased a new stylus a while back. I look forward to using this tablet for a while and again, the overall experience has been enjoyable.

Welcome to the forums!
    Quote Originally Posted by davisgq View Post
    I'm looking to upgrade my case soon
    Perhaps you should look at one of those cases that incorporates a Bluetooth keyboard?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast