Nex7 2013 Won't Enter Recovery Mode

Alniter

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
When my Nexus 7 2013 got stuck on the Google screen yesterday I searched online and found the recovery instructions. with the tablet off I press and hold the power and volume-down buttons to bring up the "START" page. Then I toggle to the RECOVERY MODE page by pushing the volume-down button a couple of times.

At this point, pushing the power button should make it enter recovery mode, but if I push the power button it just goes back to the neverending Google screen. I already have an RA for return but thought I'd check here first, just in cast there's another way to get into Recovery Mode. Any ideas other than shipping the damned thing off?

Thanks,
Steve in Florida

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
When my Nexus 7 2013 got stuck on the Google screen yesterday I searched online and found the recovery instructions. with the tablet off I press and hold the power and volume-down buttons to bring up the "START" page. Then I toggle to the RECOVERY MODE page by pushing the volume-down button a couple of times.

At this point, pushing the power button should make it enter recovery mode, but if I push the power button it just goes back to the neverending Google screen. I already have an RA for return but thought I'd check here first, just in cast there's another way to get into Recovery Mode. Any ideas other than shipping the damned thing off?

Thanks,
Steve in Florida

You can try (if you have everything set up) and ADB reboot recovery command.

Alniter

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
You can try (if you have everything set up) and ADB reboot recovery command.

To a noob like me, that sounds like "do the nuclear fission with the plasma accelerator"... is there a step-by-step somewhere online, or at least something to tell me what ADB is? Sorry.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

Mat2001uk

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
Any chance any of you could tell me exactly what command I should type in to perform a cache partition wipe on my nexuss 7 (2012)?

M