Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nex7 2013 Won't Enter Recovery Mode

When my Nexus 7 2013 got stuck on the Google screen yesterday I searched online and found the recovery instructions. with the tablet off I press and hold the power and volume-down buttons to bring up the "START" page. Then I toggle to the RECOVERY MODE page by pushing the volume-down button a couple of times.

At this point, pushing the power button should make it enter recovery mode, but if I push the power button it just goes back to the neverending Google screen. I already have an RA for return but thought I'd check here first, just in cast there's another way to get into Recovery Mode. Any ideas other than shipping the damned thing off?

Thanks,
    Steve in Florida

Global Posts
    22,254 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Nex7 2013 Won't Enter Recovery Mode

Quote Originally Posted by Alniter View Post
    When my Nexus 7 2013 got stuck on the Google screen yesterday I searched online and found the recovery instructions. with the tablet off I press and hold the power and volume-down buttons to bring up the "START" page. Then I toggle to the RECOVERY MODE page by pushing the volume-down button a couple of times.

At this point, pushing the power button should make it enter recovery mode, but if I push the power button it just goes back to the neverending Google screen. I already have an RA for return but thought I'd check here first, just in cast there's another way to get into Recovery Mode. Any ideas other than shipping the damned thing off?

Thanks,
    Steve in Florida
    You can try (if you have everything set up) and ADB reboot recovery command.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    You can try (if you have everything set up) and ADB reboot recovery command.
    To a noob like me, that sounds like "do the nuclear fission with the plasma accelerator"... is there a step-by-step somewhere online, or at least something to tell me what ADB is? Sorry.

Global Posts
    22,254 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Alniter View Post
    To a noob like me, that sounds like "do the nuclear fission with the plasma accelerator"... is there a step-by-step somewhere online, or at least something to tell me what ADB is? Sorry.
    Sorry...Android Debug Bridge.
    Kind of old, but I can't remember how I set mine up: How To Set Up ADB/USB Drivers for Android Devices (Updated 07/15/14) | TheUnlockr

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Long: http://developer.android.com/tools/help/adb.html
    Short: ADB is a command line tool that allows you to perform some low-level commands on your Android device.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho....php?p=3785091 has a download that provides what you need without having to install the Android SDK (Software Development Kit).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by: