Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Streaming Video

Hello, I am new to Android and my Nexus 7 but I have a quick question about trying to stream video on this device from Amazon. I have followed some of the other threads on how to install Dolphin web browser (Jet pack and flash is "always on" in settings) and Flash (Installed Adobe Flash Player 11.1 (1).apk) but I still cant get amazon VOD to work. I have done a adobe flash player check and it is working. Problem is when I go to my Amazon account and pick a movie, say World War Z, I don't get the green "Watch Now" button. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong. If it helps I also just installed KitKat 4.4.4 on my device.

Any help/suggestion would be appreciated as I watch most of my TV/Movies through Amazon Prime. Thanks
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Streaming Video

So 200 views and no one can help? How about this. Can some one tell me Yes/No you can watch Amazon video on demand on a Nexus 7 (2013) device running Kit Kat 4.4.4? Just want to make sure this is possible before I drive myself crazy trying to get it to work. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JWG2011 View Post
    So 200 views and no one can help? How about this. Can some one tell me Yes/No you can watch Amazon video on demand on a Nexus 7 (2013) device running Kit Kat 4.4.4? Just want to make sure this is possible before I drive myself crazy trying to get it to work. Thanks
    The short answer seems to be "no."

If you find a Prime video on Amazon's site and click the "compatible devices" link you will see that the number of mobile devices is very small and none are android based.

Adding insult to injury, there is an Amazon Instant Video app ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...om.amazon.avod ) however "Currently this app is only available for select Google TV devices" and it is not listed as compatible with my Nexus 7, Nexus 5, my wife's Nexus 4, nor my Samsung Galaxy Tab II 10.1.

None of the other Amazon apps appear to support video: Amazon Kindle reader does only books, Amazon Music does only music, etc.

But, there may be good news in the near future: Amazon prepping Prime Instant Video for Android devices, report says - CNET
    GSDer likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks for the reply N4Newbie. Guess we have passed the date the author thought Android users would have access to Amazon Prime. Here's hoping it is true and happens soon. Wonder why Amazon works with Apple but not with Android.

Really is kind of disappointing as everything I have read online makes it seem like this is possible now.

i think so,Really is kind of disappointing as everything I have read online makes it seem like this is possible now.thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JWG2011 View Post
    Thanks for the reply N4Newbie. Guess we have passed the date the author thought Android users would have access to Amazon Prime. Here's hoping it is true and happens soon. Wonder why Amazon works with Apple but not with Android.

Really is kind of disappointing as everything I have read online makes it seem like this is possible now.
    I am actually surprised to hear that Amazon would be releasing an app for non-Fire phones. If not for prime movies why would you buy a Fire phone?

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by jerrykur View Post
    why would you buy a Fire phone?
    Buy? I thought they were giving them away with every Cracker Jack's box?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk