Re introducing myself.

CDG

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I passed through here a couple of times but this is a first with the Nexus 7.

I had the iPad2 and now have the iPad Air, but needed something smaller with it.

Got iPad Mini, then exchanged it for the Toshiba Encore 2, and just traded it with a co worker''s Nexus 7. I am happy :D

Sent from my Nexus 7

CDG

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Didn't see that coming! Bet you miss it now

Posted via Android Central App

I would have really missed it if I didn't get the Nexus 7. For the first time since I started using iPads, I am going to travel with the Nexus and not the iPad. :)

Do you miss yours?

Paul Ellis1

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I would have really missed it if I didn't get the Nexus 7. For the first time since I started using iPads, I am going to travel with the Nexus and not the iPad. :)

Do you miss yours?

No, not at all (I lasted 8 days before grabbing another).

Seriously though, will be getting rid of it as I live in an iOS household and with family sharing in iOS 8 it'll be hard not to stick with my iphone. Think I might pick up a nexus 7 to take the sting out of selling the X

CDG

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
No, not at all (I lasted 8 days before grabbing another).

Seriously though, will be getting rid of it as I live in an iOS household and with family sharing in iOS 8 it'll be hard not to stick with my iphone. Think I might pick up a nexus 7 to take the sting out of selling the X
Lol, glad to see I am not the only indecisive one :)

I actually got the N7 once before and loved the experience of the pure Android. So I decided to get the Moto X for the same experience and returned the N7.

Now however, I have a genuine need for a small tablet and as I mentioned I tried a couple of others and came back to the Nexus. The experience is as good as it was the first time and yes it does take the sting out of not having the X, so go for it. ;)

I have the same Apple default wallpaper on all three of my devices and it looks real nice on the Nexus or so I think.

Sent from my Nexus 7

CDG

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
How you finding the cross platform syncing? Did you consider the iPad mini/moto x route an option?
Yes I did consider the Mini/Moto X combination, unfortunately I need to have an iPhone so that doesn't work.

As far as cross function synching goes , I have been using Evernote and for now that suffices.

The battery life is much better on the Mini but perfectly adequate on the Nexus.

The camera on it is pretty reasonable for a tablet.

y3ebege4.jpg

azatyveg.jpg

PS: Best Buy just dropped the price of all iPads by a $100. Tempting as that is, I am staying with my Nexus.

Sent from my Nexus 7

CDG

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
So it is. Why is it you need to use iPhone if you don't mind me asking

Sure, my work only allows iOS devices and up to BB 6 on the system. So I would always need to have an iOS device and of course a phone would be one I would have with me all the time.

There's been much talk about allowing Android and Windows Phone, but hasn't happened yet. :(

Sent from my Nexus 7

Paul Ellis1

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Sure, my work only allows iOS devices and up to BB 6 on the system. So I would always need to have an iOS device and of course a phone would be one I would have with me all the time.

There's been much talk about allowing Android and Windows Phone, but hasn't happened yet. :(

Sent from my Nexus 7

So you think you'd have stuck with the X if work allowed?