Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Installing old app on replacement N7

Long story short, my 2013 N7 got crunched (as in run over) at work the other day, It's still powered on, but the screen has gorgeous starburst patterns and I can't even get it to unlock. My dilemma is this. I have the damage repair/replacement from BB where I purchased it BUT.

Sony Reader app. It's no longer in the Play Store or even searchable. I need to know if there's a way to copy the app itself from the N7 onto the laptop I guess and then load it directly into the new device? If it matters I also have the identical app on my N5 phone. I have multiple copies of the files of the books involved in the app itself on both the N7 and the N5 as well as on the laptop, but I don't know if the master file I have includes a way to load the app itself. It may seem like a trivial issues, but it's almost 2000 books, many of which didn't transfer to Kobo and none of which have any kind of grouping or sorting feature other then on Sony's app.

The ability to reinstall the app on a new device is going to guide my repair or replace decision. Any ideas?

Kelly

Default Re: Installing old app on replacement N7

All you need is the .apk file in order to install it on a replacement N7. You can use something like Share Apps https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ankit.apkshare to send the file via email; just open the file on the new device and you'll be prompted to install it.

Or you could use Helium http://market.android.com/details?id...ikdutta.backup to backup the app and app data and restore it to the replacement device.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Helium was the initial plan, but I keep running into all of these "things I need to already have running"

There isn't a way to load Google device drivers on a Win7 PC without using command prompts? No auto driver update stuff? Everything I find for the drivers sends me into developer land which is someplace I have no ability to go to

Helium was the initial plan, but I keep running into all of these "things I need to already have running"