The N7 is more innovative than any other tablet.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
The multi touch issue. Just search for it, you'll find anything you want to know about it.

Sounds to me like you have a defective device. Plenty of people I know own an N7 and haven't had any of the aforementioned issues.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4

Davehow

Banned
Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Sounds to me like you have a defective device. Plenty of people I know own an N7 and haven't had any of the aforementioned issues.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
Agreed, it is defective. I'm using my 3rd replacement now though and this one showed the issues less than the first 2 so I just decided to live with it. But that does nothing to negate that the N7 is widely reported to suffer from random reboots and multi touch issues for a lot of people.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Agreed, it is defective. I'm using my 3rd replacement now though and this one showed the issues less than the first 2 so I just decided to live with it. But that does nothing to negate that the N7 is widely reported to suffer from random reboots and multi touch issues for a lot of people.

But apparently NOT for lots of (most, I think) Nexus 7 owners. That points to hardware issues or app compatibility problems.

Once again, the only way to know for certain is to start with a fresh-from-the-box device and see if it exhibits the same problems. Second best choice would be to run the device in Safe Mode for an extended period and see what happens.

Davehow

Banned
Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
But apparently NOT for lots of (most, I think) Nexus 7 owners. That points to hardware issues or app compatibility problems.

Once again, the only way to know for certain is to start with a fresh-from-the-box device and see if it exhibits the same problems. Second best choice would be to run the device in Safe Mode for an extended period and see what happens.

You're misunderstanding me still. I never said most devices have issues. I said that these 2 issues, which do exist, are widely reported and well known. How long have you owned the N7? The multi touch and random reboot problems have been plastered all over the internet since launch. Every major android news outlet including this one and XDA developers (where the multi touch problem was discovered) has run a news story on it. You don't get that kind of coverage for a defect unless there's a LOT of reports being submitted. Google's official support has extensive coverage about it. Are you trying to downplay this or something? Facts are facts. I'm not sure if you're being defensive, or just don't believe it and haven't bothered to search it, but as much as I loathe having to provide links to someone when they could easily check for themselves, I can certainly prove my point if needed.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
No, I am just trying to say that OS bugs normally affect *all* users, not just a subset, no matter how large.

A presumed OS bug which affects only a subset of users is more likely caused by a problematic app. And until someone can exhibit the bug in a stock, fresh-out-of-the-box, device, it cannot be attributed to the OS.

Davehow

Banned
Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
No, I am just trying to say that OS bugs normally affect *all* users, not just a subset, no matter how large.

A presumed OS bug which affects only a subset of users is more likely caused by a problematic app. And until someone can exhibit the bug in a stock, fresh-out-of-the-box, device, it cannot be attributed to the OS.
OK but how do OS bugs relate to the topic of this thread? Were you speaking to something one of the responders said specifically?

physioprof

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
My understanding is that these two bugs--or at least the multi-touch one--are the result of an interaction between the OS software and variations in the operating parameters of the hardware between devices. This is why some people never had multi-touch issues, while others had them but they were solved by OS updates, while others had them intractably.

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm not the most gentle of Nexus owner's, but my battery has become disconnected on more than one occasion. I won't say how I fixed it, but it involves reconnecting the battery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech