Stock E-Mail App Help

MattKerwin

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Hello!

My work e-mail is hosted through gmail but the email address does NOT end @gmail.com it is our name instead.

I am currently unable to set this up in the stock email app found on the device.

I am aware the gmail app can do this, and accommodate multiple email addresses, however I do use that app for my personal gmail account and would prefer to keep the two separate.

I have tried pop3 and IMAP and have had no luck...anyone have any suggestions on which one to use / how to set it up in settings?

Thanks!

Posted via the Android Central App

CDG

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
No one knows an answer for this?

Posted via the Android Central App
Just a shot in the dark, have you tried setting it up using "Corporate" followed by manual setup?

I don't use the gmail app, I used Corporate to set up my @outlook.com email

Good luck, I hope you get it working.

Sent from my Nexus 7

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
have you tried setting it up using "Corporate" followed by manual setup?
Could you provide a link to the application that you're using? There's quite a few apps with the word 'Corporate' in their title.

You can use something like Share Apps http://market.android.com/details?id=com.theronrogers.shareapps to share the title/link for any app(s) that you have installed.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

CDG

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Could you provide a link to the application that you're using? There's quite a few apps with the word 'Corporate' in their title.

You can use something like Share Apps http://market.android.com/details?id=com.theronrogers.shareapps to share the title/link for any app(s) that you have installed.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
Sorry I wasn't too clear, I meant Corporate entry under Accounts in settings

Please see SS below:

72f3cdd1267764144bfe8e5dc317282b.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7

CDG

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
That is quite possible. The server name has always given me trouble as well. I did a web search for mine and for some strange reason snt-m.hotmail.com works for mine. I would have never figured that out.

The only suggestion I have is try using m.google.com or google.com as server.

Sent from my Nexus 7

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Sorry I wasn't too clear, I meant Corporate entry under Accounts in settings
Oops! I thought you meant an app called 'Corporate Email' - my bad.

MattKerwin

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
i do have it enabled...

*update* i got it to sync with the app...but it pulled up emails from about 3 years ago previously deleted...lol i think hope is lost :mad: