Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Stock E-Mail App Help

Hello!

My work e-mail is hosted through gmail but the email address does NOT end @gmail.com it is our name instead.

I am currently unable to set this up in the stock email app found on the device.

I am aware the gmail app can do this, and accommodate multiple email addresses, however I do use that app for my personal gmail account and would prefer to keep the two separate.

I have tried pop3 and IMAP and have had no luck...anyone have any suggestions on which one to use / how to set it up in settings?

Thanks!

Posted via the Android Central App
    Nexus 5 - Moto 360 - Pebble - iPad Mini 2 - Chromebook - Chromecast - Nest Thermostat
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Stock E-Mail App Help

No one knows an answer for this?

Nexus 5 - Moto 360 - Pebble - iPad Mini 2 - Chromebook - Chromecast - Nest Thermostat

Quote Originally Posted by MattKerwin View Post
    No one knows an answer for this?

Just a shot in the dark, have you tried setting it up using "Corporate" followed by manual setup?

I don't use the gmail app, I used Corporate to set up my @outlook.com email

Good luck, I hope you get it working.

Sent from my Nexus 7
    The SmartPhone Parade (2006-Now)

QTEK 9100 > Samsung Blackjack > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > BB 9700 > Xperia X10 > Motorola Atrix > HTC Vivid > Lumia 900 > Lumia 820 > iPhone 5> Motorola Moto X>iPhone 5s

Quote Originally Posted by charlyee View Post
    have you tried setting it up using "Corporate" followed by manual setup?
    Could you provide a link to the application that you're using? There's quite a few apps with the word 'Corporate' in their title.

You can use something like Share Apps http://market.android.com/details?id...gers.shareapps to share the title/link for any app(s) that you have installed.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    Could you provide a link to the application that you're using? There's quite a few apps with the word 'Corporate' in their title.

You can use something like Share Apps http://market.android.com/details?id...gers.shareapps to share the title/link for any app(s) that you have installed.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    Sorry I wasn't too clear, I meant Corporate entry under Accounts in settings

Please see SS below:

Sent from my Nexus 7

QTEK 9100 > Samsung Blackjack > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > BB 9700 > Xperia X10 > Motorola Atrix > HTC Vivid > Lumia 900 > Lumia 820 > iPhone 5> Motorola Moto X>iPhone 5s

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

No luck...I've tried that using gmail.com as the server...is that my issue?

That is quite possible. The server name has always given me trouble as well. I did a web search for mine and for some strange reason snt-m.hotmail.com works for mine. I would have never figured that out.

The only suggestion I have is try using m.google.com or google.com as server.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Quote Originally Posted by charlyee View Post
    Sorry I wasn't too clear, I meant Corporate entry under Accounts in settings
    Oops! I thought you meant an app called 'Corporate Email' - my bad.

You might take a look here https://support.google.com/mail/trou...665018,1665142

I think this is the type of business account you are working with. Note: a basic requirement is that your systems manager has enabled POP or IMAP service on your account, as it is not enabled by default.

Posted via Android Central App
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

i do have it enabled...

*update* i got it to sync with the app...but it pulled up emails from about 3 years ago previously deleted...lol i think hope is lost
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

fun fact....just got it to work!

was messing around...used imap and did manual set up...found this link very helpful for those wanting to do something similar!

What Are the Gmail IMAP Settings? - About Email
    Thanked by 2:

Glad you got it to work.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk