3 weeks without rebooting, that is a record for me.

preppystud

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
i have had two tablets so far, this is the longest that i have ever had. i just want to share that.

after i got it back on 7/26, after it updated itself to 4.4, it immediately rebooted itself about an hour later.

today, i had to reboot because of a problem which i posted in another thread.

CeruleanBlue58

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
My stock N7 reboots most every day, often multiple times a day. If anything, it's much worse since I installed 4.4.4. Can occur with any app I use, be it native Google or 3rd party. Anyone who's experienced similar unacceptable behavior have a suggestion beyond a factory refresh?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
have a suggestion beyond a factory refresh?
Why would a Factory Reset be an unacceptable solution to solve this problem? I'd go so far as to suggest reloading the firmware, wiping the system cache and performing a Factory Reset.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

preppystud

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
here is what asus will tell you what to do. if you continue to have problems with the tablet.
there is something wrong with your tablet. if the warranty time hasn't expired, you should contact them.

1. do a factory reset. (then you should just reinstall the apps that you use most often first, then slowly add other apps. if it continues to reboot, then)
2. send it back, they will reinstall the system.
3. send it back, they will replace the motherboard.
4. send it back, they will give you a refurbished replacement.

brentj

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
My stock N7 reboots most every day, often multiple times a day. If anything, it's much worse since I installed 4.4.4. Can occur with any app I use, be it native Google or 3rd party. Anyone who's experienced similar unacceptable behavior have a suggestion beyond a factory refresh?
Wow, that would be tough to live with! I'm not sure my N7/2013 has ever rebooted on its own. If that were happening to mine, I think I'd definitely try the factory reset option or sending it in for service or replacement. It's such a sweet device when it's working. My advice is like others': do what it takes to get yours working.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure my N7/2013 has ever rebooted on its own.
Mine does reboot on occasion, but I blame that on the Netflix app - I'll be streaming an episode and when the first one finishes, in ten seconds or so it'll automatically continue with the next episode - that's when it reboots. The odd thing is, if I start the Netflix app again after the reboot I can watch several episodes continuously without any problem.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty