Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default USB connect problem -- not recognized

i 'searched' for an answer to this and didn't find one that worked for me. brand new N7, very first time connected to my laptop with the official asus usb cable, i get the happy little ding-dong noise but the N doesn't show up in my list of drives. and on the N itself, i do get the message that it is 'connected as media device.' i've tried it on another PC and it still isn't recognized. i figure i'm doing something wrong. but what? thanks!

update:

never mind. found the answer in a thread on the rooting roms and hacks subforum. only problem now, though minor, is the nexus only shows up using windows explorer, not the much-better xplorer2 that i use 99.9999% of the time (now lowered to 99.9998%).

Default Re: USB connect problem -- not recognized

Welcome to the forums!
    Quote Originally Posted by linter View Post
    never mind. found the answer in a thread on the rooting roms and hacks subforum.
    What was the answer? Perhaps it'll help someone else out.
    Quote Originally Posted by linter View Post
    the nexus only shows up using windows explorer, not the much-better xplorer2
    Guess it's not really 'much better' then...

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

So what was the solution. I have the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Monaghan View Post
    So what was the solution. I have the same problem.
    Welcome to Android Central! In case the OP doesn't respond, let me ask you--are you having issues after the recent slew of Windows Updates this month? They included some erroneous updates that cause problems with USB connectivity for Android devices. See my post here: Nexus 5 connecting via USB as wrong device