Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question my 16 gb tablet has 26.4 gb total space?

my original one only has 16 gb, after they sent me a replacement, i never checked the stotal storage. and today i checked it, i was surprised to see that i have 26.4 gb of total space? if it is a 32 gb tablet, shouldn't it be 32 gb?

by the way, today it can't find the camera again. i had to restart, it has done this to me about 2 or 3 times already.

Default Re: my 16 gb tablet has 26.4 gb total space?

They must have sent you a 32 GB tablet. Score!

A 32 GB Nexus 7 will still only show 26 GB of space available to the user; the other 6 GB are taken up by the OS.

It seems you do have a 32GB unit. That exact number I remember from some 32GB iPods quite a while ago.

Quote Originally Posted by preppystud View Post
    my original one only has 16 gb, after they sent me a replacement, i never checked the stotal storage. and today i checked it, i was surprised to see that i have 26.4 gb of total space? if it is a 32 gb tablet, shouldn't it be 32 gb?

by the way, today it can't find the camera again. i had to restart, it has done this to me about 2 or 3 times already.
    I have heard that the 32gb models are less prone to random reboots. Maybe that's why they sent you it instead of the 16gb?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

i have sent this replacement for repair twice, they finally replaced the motherboard. i have never bothered to check for the total storage until today.

i wonder if i had the 32 gb before they replaced motherboard or not.

yes, this one has less random reboots, but it still reboots. it seems that as time goes by, the reboots become more frequent, it could also because i added more apps, too.

i guess that i will just keep this tablet if i send it back, they will just send me another refurbished product. i am glad that i got a bigger storage.