Battery charging question

emirpk

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
This might be a stupid question but I just got a nexus 7 and I plugged it in for charging after using it for a few hours. How can I tell if it's done charging? I read that it's done charging when the battery icon appears solid but is there no % meter that I can see if it's almost done charging? As far as I can tell there's only 2 icons, a solid battery meaning full and a flashing icon meaning still charging but nothing in between. Maybe I don't see a % meter because I'm charging it while it's powered off? Anyway would like some input and also how does it usually take to charge full (I hear it's about 4 hours?)

Thanks.

Gary300

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Swipe down on the upper right hand corner when the tablet in on. All kinds of things will come up, including everything you need to know about the battery.

cybernutte

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Several months ago, I installed the free app GSam Battery Monitor. One feature I like a lot is that I now see a small but very visible box at the top left corner of the home screen that gives me the percentage of battery left. When I'm charging the battery, the number will tell me how far the charging has gotten. The app does other things as well, but I thought I'd mention this feature because it addresses your concern.

cybernutte

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
battery life500.jpg

Following up on my preceding message, above is a screenshot of the top of my Nexus 7 home screen. In the upper left corner, the 100 is the amount of battery life left (I just finished recharging the battery).

cab2

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I use a wireless charger, it makes a bada-bing sound when charging is needed and a red dot lights up.