Keeps failing to update, "deb" vs. "flo"

lordbah

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
My Nexus 7 keeps trying to update from 4.4.3 to 4.4.4, but failing. It downloads and where it's supposed to reboot and install it just goes to TWRP and sits there. If I try to manually install the update it has downloaded to /cache, it complains that the update is for "deb" and this tablet is "flo". Is there any way I can download the correct update for "flo", or at least get it to stop downloading the incorrect update?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
My Nexus 7 keeps trying to update from 4.4.3 to 4.4.4, but failing. It downloads and where it's supposed to reboot and install it just goes to TWRP and sits there. If I try to manually install the update it has downloaded to /cache, it complains that the update is for "deb" and this tablet is "flo". Is there any way I can download the correct update for "flo", or at least get it to stop downloading the incorrect update?

It seems like you are rooted, which is the reason why it's not updating. If this is the case, you need to load the file manually be flashing the factory image. Or, you can try flashing the update through TWRP. Here's a link to download the update manually through recovery: http://www.androidcentral.com/android-444-ota-rollout-begins

If that fails then restoring the factory image will be the easiest way.

lordbah

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I am rooted. Is that what's causing it to think it is a "flo" - whatever that is?
(I have been trying to install the update through TWRP, that's where I see the error message)

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
"flo" and "deb" sound like platform codenames, but neither is the correct name for either model of the Nexus 7. Look here for the correct firmware and instructions on how to load it. Here's my summary:
- boot into Fastboot mode (with the device completely off, press-and-hold Volume Down + Power)
- connect it to your computer
- download Fastboot.exe from XDA
- run "fastboot oem unlock" from a Command prompt (elevated to Administrator privilege) (this WILL wipe your device)
- then extract the contents of the firmware download and run the "flash-all.bat" file

You can find a usable version of fastboot here.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Do you have a Nexus 7 original or Nexus 7 2013? The 2013 is Flo but if you are rooted you had to pick your correct model. If you look at your About Phone, most custom ROMs include the codename in their build so you can see what was installed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma