The Nexus 7 was discontinued today

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Welp, it looks like the 2nd Gen Nexus 7 has just been discontinued. It's no longer on Google's website.

I was hoping it would stick around longer. The Nexus 10 wasn't discontinued until just now, apparently, but because there wasn't a 2013 or 2014 Nexus 10, it makes sense that Google would keep selling it until the Nexus 9 came out.

But with the Nexus 9, the Nexus 7 still has it's own niche since it's smaller. I already have a 2nd Gen Nexus 7 but I'm just sad it was only being manufactured for about a year. The Nexus 7 has always been the #1 tablet I recommended to anyone, and now if I still make that recommendation I'll have to add, "Oh but you'll probably only be able to find it on eBay", because it won't be in stores much longer I presume.

RIP 2nd Gen Nexus 7. You were one of the best small Android tablets ever. :'(

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Long live the N7! They may not make any more, but I think all of the ones that are currently alive will last for quite a while.:)

Terrorizer

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm really happy with mine, I'm glad I got mine when I did. I bought mine in febuary or march, at the time the new nexus was supposedly coming out in april, it kept getting pushed back so I finally just pulled the trigger and got my Nexus 7 2013. I'm really glad I got it, I have used it a TON since getting it and it was a great price. As I suspected the replacement will be considerably more expensive (and more powerful) but the N7 is more than enough for me.

NexusLion

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm hoping a deal pops up on these. The Nexus 9 is cool, but if I can score a N7 2013 model for around $150, I'll be happy

newegg had a 16GB wifi for $149 after rebate, but you missed out. Maybe they'll get more in stock.

If you can spend $35 more, you can have a 32GB wifi version. I've seen one refurbished and one open-box.

For $199 you can have a refurb 32GB Verizon locked LTE version on groupon.

Drew Adamson

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm new to the nexus 7 2013 in fact i only just ordered it Saturday on eBay there selling for around $250 with tax and shipping new right now but I got a lightly used 32gb model for $190 no tax and free shipping the only tablet I've ever had was a ipad 3 16gb and its been great but since the 8.1 update its been slowing and its big and heavy so time to get a newer tablet. I was going to buy a nvidia shield tablet but reading all the problems its having on there forum I will wait till its worth buying one without worrying about it breaking. I've had android phones for a few years now first one was a Motorola droid and still have it then a LG optimus f5 good phone still using it so I like the whole android ecosystem and I'm very excited to get my new tablet.

Snake Griffin

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Got my Nexus 7 (2013) the first week, still going very strong. It's the perfect tablet for me. If you can find one for under $200 then it's still very worth getting.

AG212

May 26, 2010
Visit site
How is the tablet app market these days for the nexus 7? I remember being weary of getting them close to launch because most apps were blown up phone UI. Better or still somewhat the case?

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's been a long time since tablet apps on HD screens looked like blown up phone apps. Most popular apps look great on tablets.

alt075

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Ha I only had mine for 15 months and I can't charge it anymore. It won't charge. This thing is a piece of junk as far as I can tell. Lightly used and in excellent condition. No water damage. Nothing. And I can only get it to charge to 3 percent. It won't charge any more than that. And guess what my warrenty just expired through best buy. Of course it did. So now to call asus themselves. If they don't fix this they will forever lose a customer. I will give them bad reviews anywhere I can.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried different USB charging cables or wall plugs? If they don't work, you could have a defective or broken USB port.

Have you ever experienced a defective device in your life? It happens. It doesn't necessarily mean that an entire company's product line is terrible. Good luck!