What is this wierd purple smear on Nexus 7 screen?

Daniel_H

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Wierd purple smear on Nexus 7 screen

So I've had my Nexus 7 (2013) for a while- however, recently on an odd purple blob appears when the screen is on something black, like a loading screen or something. It's not noticeable at all on other colours. I'm going to assume it's a problem with the pixels, as when I took a screenshot, the purple didn't appear. Is this a result of pressure on the screen or just a hardware thing? Is this known or is it a problem with my screen? Any help is appreciated.

rndll

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Re: Wierd purple smear on Nexus 7 screen

Sorry, I misread that. Is it on the edges? If not then it's probably something different.

Daniel_H

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Re: Wierd purple smear on Nexus 7 screen

Actually, its not on the edges- the pixels aren't dead, they're just showing faint purple instead of black. I'll get a picture tomorrow.

Last edited:

henry86158

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
I also have this problem. The purple smear is in the middle of the screen and is only noticable on dark background colors. Mine seems to be a bit worse than yours, though, because it only disappears in a white background. Any darkish color and it is still visible. The smear is approximately one inch long and about 1/2 cm thick at one end, tapering off to only a couple mm. The thick side is half orange, but runs down to pink and fades off as it thins. I haven't found anyone other than you on the internet with this problem. Have you found a solution yet? I mean, it has been a year.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781