Nokia Here Maps (beta)

Rich215

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else been using the Nokia Here maps beta? I have been using it briefly in the past week and find it really nice for a beta on my N7. I have not been testing the actual navigation with start and finish points yet, or redirection. But just using it to roam and show position and general use as an offline GPS map....its looking darn good. I used to use mainly Waze, but I think I might be switching over as you can download separate states, full US, or other areas and use offline easy.

I have only messed with half the settings and use scenarios so far. I will be checking it out more ineptly soon with a few small trips I will take. I only have a wifi N7, so it will be fun to compare it to Google maps navigation and Waze for my mainstay GPS app.

Get the beta app HERE

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I replaced Google Maps with it for navigation and it work great, the only thing it's lacking is locales conspired to Maps. But overall it's free and have offline option so no complains.

I also have Sygic which is probably very good for outside of US, I don't use it in US.

oldgrowth

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I had a windows phone and it came with it installed. When I got my Samsung I tried eight of the highest rated paid navigation apps and did not like any of them. I need off line maps because much of my traveling is without cell phone access. The only app that came close to Here maps was viago by Garmin but is too buggy to be reliable. Here maps is the only app that gets me to my farm by searching using my address. All the other apps including Google are miles off. This is the same for some of the other locations I have searched.

I am very happy to learn from your post that Here maps are now available for the android phone. I have downloaded it and it works as I remembered it from my Windows phone. I still have six of the navigation apps installed on my phone but will be deleting all but viago in the hopes they get the bugs out with future updates. Right now my go to navigation app will be Here maps.

Thank You Rich for the link to Here Maps.

dawter

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
HERE maps is kind of new. I had a Nokia phone and the GPS maps were great on it. I loved it. I was really disappointed when I switched to Android and couldn't find one single Mapping app I liked.
Google sends me off into timbucktu. Waze was okay. Mapquest was okay. Buy I really like HERE. I have used it going to and from somewhere and really like it. You have to make sure you download the maps to your sd card. Anyway, I think its a great mapping app.
When I first bought my LG Optimus Fuel 2 days ago I could not find GPS on it. Turns out that the word "Location" took the place of GPS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret