32gb transformed to 16gb after 5.0....

drjboulder

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Previously running the developer preview with the updated boot loader. Downloaded the factory image and did a fresh install through adb. All went well except that I now appear to have a 16gb device. I have seen a very few others with the same problem, which seemed to be resolved with a factory reset. I did a factory reset in TWRP without success. I even tried a factory data reset in settings. Nothing, still 16gb. I guess that the next thing to try is to format data through adb??? Any other ideas?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

The Harrington

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Same thing happened to me. Followed the advice from other threads and just erased tablet and started from scratch. Second time around all was good.

Posted via Android Central App

drjboulder

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, the few posts that I have seen indicated a fix after a factory reset. I think I will just start back at square one. Including a fresh DL of the factory image.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Sounds as if some versions of the update are partitioning storage to have only a 16GB partition. You can try again, manually repartition the device or wait for a fix.

drjboulder

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Alright. I sorted it out. In case this effects someone else, I fixed it by going back into fastboot via ADB and than only formatted data:
fastboot format data -w
Rebooted and my 32gbs were back.