Nexus 7-13 no wireless file sharing in 5.0

YaSo

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I used to be able to share files out from the N7 when it was on 4.4.4.

My favorite way was using 'ES File Explorer' to share the file to 'Fast File Transfer' app. That would create a Hotspot and browse 192.168... and download the file. I could send to Android phones, tablets, even to Windows Phone 8.

With 5.0, no wireless transfers work. I tried the FFT app, Android Beam with NFC, Bluetooth transfers (connected but no transferring of files) ES File Explorer 'send by LAN', nothing works anymore.

I can still upload to Google Drive or MS OneDrive if I'm on WiFi, but not from device to device.

Is anyone else able to do any wireless transfers from a 5.0 Nexus 7 2013? Thanks.

YaSo

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, but I can receive files on the N7 just fine. It's sending by wifi transfer or beam that hangs or fails to send.

Photo_Drew

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Just took a pic and beamed it to my moto x. So it seems to be working. I did a factory reset after the update though.

Posted via the Android Central App

YaSo

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Just took a pic and beamed it to my moto x.

Thanks again for the Beam info, but I need something faster. I did get Beam to work, but it took so long to show progress on a 400mb file that I thought it also did not work. I previously could share a 400mb file in about a minute or so using WiFi file transfer. I also had limited range with Beam compared to using WiFi, where I could just call a co-worker in the next office to grab the file from my Hotspot and do a browser download.. Beam does work for smaller files, but not as practical for much larger ones.

Photo_Drew

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
That's true. I'll have to look into trying the Bluetooth file transfer or WiFi and see what's up.

Posted via Android Central App