NEXUS 7 tablet does not have Google playstore app installed

AJIT DESHPANDE

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
A Nexus 7 tablet having android 4.4.2, does not have the default Google Play(neither older Android market) app installed.How is that possible?

I tried downloading *.apk file from here and even here But did not work. When I tried executing the apk file, it did install the playstore app it said, but after that when tried to run the app, it just did not start or work as expected.

For other *.apk files for Google store app that i downloaded, it gave errors saying Error saying - "There was a problem parsing the package". It just did not work for many Google store apk's different versions i tried downloading and installing/running?
I tried installing these below apk files for installing the Google playstore:
com.google.android.gms-4.4.48+(1150368-038).apk - Gave error parsing package.
com.android.vending-4.4.22.apk - Did no work after install, hanged and stopped responding
com.android.vending-4.6.16.apk - Installed the app, but after install, did not run as expected
com.android.vending-4.8.22.apk - Installed the app, but after install, did not run as expected

How can one install Google play store on this Nexus 7?

Would there be any correct/compatible *.apk for Google play store available which would work?

As found in some searching online, I tried checking in settings and elsewhere to see if any default apps disabled setting is checked but could not find any such thing?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Is this tablet brand new or used? If used, do you know if the previous owner rooted it, and perhaps installed a custom ROM?

Are you saying that when you open the App Drawer, you don't see the Play Store at all?

To look for disabled apps, go to Settings>Apps>Disabled​. Is Play Store listed there?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2