After I dropped my Nexus 7, why is it no longer connecting to the internet?

dollyache

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
Dropped Nexus 7 not connecting to internet

I dropped my nexus yesterday face down on to a tile floor, there is no superficial damage and my tablet continued to work through the evening connected to wifi. I turned the wifi off before I went to bed as I always do to conserve battery and now it won't reconnect. It recognizes the connection and shows an excellent signal but when I press connect the signal shoots down to poor and won't connect then goes back to excellent once it's stopped trying. I have tried everything on the troubleshooting guides and I have even taken to back off to check the antennas arn't broken. They arn't and I pulled them out slightly as someone had suggested. Still nothing. Any ideas?

Lupelamenta

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Re: Dropped Nexus 7 not connecting to internet

three suggestions:

1. Soft reboot (hold power button 10-20 seconds, screen goes blank, keep holding power down until logo comes back on.)
2. Set a static ip (settings - wifi, press the plus sign in the upper right, add your wireless network name, press advanced, fill in a static ip address et. al.
3. Power down your router, power down your nexus. Count 10-15 seconds. Power up again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49