5.0.1 OTA

jaytee

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
Now that the factory images of 5.0.1 are out, has anyone received on OTA notification yet? (I'd rather not have to flash these images also...)

Posted via Android Central App

murphcid

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Nothing here, but I don't have the basic 5.0 yet either. Did it fix the short screen issue where you lose screen on either side of the screen on the Nexus 10?

milliman

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I never receive update notifications besides I'm unlocked and rooted on all of my devices. Maybe I'm just impatient. I installed the Lollipop and 5.0.1 upgrades manually.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
No OTA notification so I just grabbed the zip file and sideloaded it. No issues yet and the problem I saw with Youtube videos not playing seems fixed.

tonyr6

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Tired of waiting over a month so I sideloaded it using the Nexus Root Toolkit which was not as bad as I though. It did erase everything but I already erased the tablet a month ago when the Amazon apps were crashing which were Amazons fault so I did not have to reconfigure much.

cybernutte

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Darn! I received the 5.01 notification today but held off installing it until I could check with this forum about whether it has problems. I was encouraged....until I read mak916's message. Guess I'll try to hold off a bit longer.

Photo_Drew

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Mine seemed to take a good 15 minutes to install. I was getting worried that it was stuck on the swirly orb screen but then it was fine. Seems snappier but maybe it's my imagination.

Posted via the Android Central App

tonyr6

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Mine seemed to take a good 15 minutes to install. I was getting worried that it was stuck on the swirly orb screen but then it was fine. Seems snappier but maybe it's my imagination.

Posted via the Android Central App
Mine did that when I sideloaded it but the Nexus Root Kit said it can take up to 10 minutes or longer and to have patience.

wrecklass

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I got the OTA notification and attempted to install to my Nexus 7, but it failed with an unknown error. Tried about a half dozen times and finally gave up.

Side loaded the 5.0.1 razor version and my Nexus 7 is working perfectly.

Keep in mind the OTA upgrade to lollipop can take a long time because it must compile all of your installed apps for the new ART runtime. Side loading is fast as it erases the entire device first.

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I got the OTA notification and attempted to install to my Nexus 7, but it failed with an unknown error. Tried about a half dozen times and finally gave up.

Side loaded the 5.0.1 razor version and my Nexus 7 is working perfectly.

Keep in mind the OTA upgrade to lollipop can take a long time because it must compile all of your installed apps for the new ART runtime. Side loading is fast as it erases the entire device first.

You can sideload without erasing the device. Copy/install the zip over through recovery & adb. I did this with both 5.0 and 5.0.1.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01