Where does Android keep saved Wi-Fi network info?

ODog2323

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Is there a file or something I can transfer from my Nexus 7 to my Nexus 6 to bring over all my saved networks?

Android hasn't been syncing saved network info for me since I was on my Note 2 6 months ago. So now I have all my saved Wi-Fi info on the N7 (which never leaves home), and it never synced to my N6 or G3 before that.

Any good ways to troubleshoot this??

AC App
Nexus 7 2013

gozirra

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
/data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf

You'll need to be rooted to even open that folder. They used to save the passwords in plaintext, but now they're hashed.

gozirra

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it's supposed to. Go to Settings, scroll down to Personal, Backup and Reset, the first checkbox (Back up my data) - Back up application data, Wi-Fi passwords, and other settings to Google servers - needs to be checked. Make sure you have your gmail account entered below that.

gozirra

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Then go to Settings, and right below that Backup and Reset is Accounts, go down to your Google account, click the email address, make sure the first box (sync app data) is checked.

gozirra

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like you need to delete and recreate that Google Account in Accounts then, something is not right with it. Then try to resync again. All you'll lose is the "read" status of emails by doing that, you won't actually lose any data.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae