Rooted Nexus 7 2013 Can't Update to 5.0.1?

Deferno54

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
So just today I received the notification that android 5.0.1 lollipop was available for my device. I clicked install and what happened was that it was restarting my nexus 7 and when it was gonna boot up but this screen came and it was blue and like it said "Team ------" (forgot what the name was) then after a second it brought me to this screen and like six folder looking icons were organized on the screen. One of the names of the folders was like install, then there was wipe, then there was reboot. I tried install but it just said "click on file to install" and i rebooted it but then the update would be gone and come back in like an hour where the same process would happen. Hopefully someone recognizes what is going on or has the same struggle as me but anyway I was wondering what I am supposed to do? Is this happening because I rooted my tablet? Now whatever suggestion you have, it can't be anything about wiping the device because I have a lot of stuff on here that I do not want to lose.

Thanks! :)

Posted via the Android Central App

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
So just today I received the notification that android 5.0.1 lollipop was available for my device. I clicked install and what happened was that it was restarting my nexus 7 and when it was gonna boot up but this screen came and it was blue and like it said "Team ------" (forgot what the name was) then after a second it brought me to this screen and like six folder looking icons were organized on the screen. One of the names of the folders was like install, then there was wipe, then there was reboot. I tried install but it just said "click on file to install" and i rebooted it but then the update would be gone and come back in like an hour where the same process would happen. Hopefully someone recognizes what is going on or has the same struggle as me but anyway I was wondering what I am supposed to do? Is this happening because I rooted my tablet? Now whatever suggestion you have, it can't be anything about wiping the device because I have a lot of stuff on here that I do not want to lose.

Thanks! :)

You can't use a custom recovery to install an ota update. You must convert your recovery back to factory. You're using team win recovery. It just won't install it.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Same here can't install the update on N7 2013 Wifi rooted , but I get a error screen while showing installation progress :(

That's because you're probably using a custom recovery. Need to use the stock recovery for the update to be accepted and installed.

Posted via Android Central App

Deferno54

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
I have been trying to flash it to stock but now I have the error that my nexus is unauthorized for adb stuff, when I had the RSA screen pop up previously? That is really stressing me out or else I would be running lollipop anytime.