Why is my location so far off?

btraven

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Location error and Smart Lock problems...

I have a N 7 2013 and just got Lollipop. I'm trying to use Smart Lock so I don't have to jump through hoops to unlock my tablet at home, but... the face thing doesn't work and my location is so inaccurate that it doesn't work either. The location is always about 150 yards off, to the SE from home. I'm using cable internet so maybe that's the location of connection or something. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Face unlock in 4.4.4 on my Moto G works fine, it's just with the N 7 with Lollipop that the camera won't pick up my face when I'm sitting where I use it the most--on the couch, in front of the TV!

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: Location error and Smart Lock problems...

Have you checked your Google Location settings? If you are in battery saver mode, it uses WiFi and Celltowers but no GPS. This works fine most of the time but sometimes it doesn't. Change to high accuracy mode (which adds GPS to the other two radios), clear the cache from your maps app and try again.

btraven

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site

I tried exactly what you suggested and it's still off at the same location and by the exact same distance, a little over 100 yds to the SE.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site

Does it make the same mistake indoors and outdoors? Sometimes, whether indoors or due to topography, you can be somewhat hidden from the satelite. I find this at home - sometimes it is half-a-mile off, but when I walk outside and ask again, it's fixed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc