Where can I get a screen replacement for my Nexus 7 2013 LTE?

BMIC50

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Nexus 7 2013 LTE Screen Replacement

I replaced the screen due to a crack by researching and watching teardown videos and reading a few xda threads. Got all the pieces and tools, and it went rather well. The problem is that now everything is together, the power doesnt come on. I let the battery drain dead before disassembly because the touchscreen was unresponsive so I couldnt confirm the shutdown. I have charged the device overnight using the Asus charger and cable along with 2 other known good chargers and cables. I have gone through to double and triple check the connections (there are additional screws and two additional wires on the LTE version).

The two things I can think of are (1) the metal frame was overheated when I used the blowdryer to losen the adhesive, causing some issue with the power button or (2) bad screen (sourced via Amazon from some Asian source...but arent they all made over there?). Any thoughts?

physioprof

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Nexus 7 2013 LTE Screen Replacement

If it's a bad new screen, then your computer should recognize the device when you plug it into USB.

BMIC50

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site

If it's a bad new screen, then your computer should recognize the device when you plug it into USB.

Good call. I charged it up for a couple hours and plugged it into my computer. Nothing. Then I pressed the power button. Nothing. Press and hold for 10 seconds...still nothing. I am not sure if you would feel a slight vibration once the device turns on but I have NOT felt that. I have held it for up to a minute.

BMIC50

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site

I want sure if it did... Couldn't remember. Didn't turn it off that much.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay