SInce 5.0.1 I lose access to my local network (not the internet)

Krak-a-Lakn

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I applied the OTA update for 5.0.1 about 2 weeks ago. Since then my rock solid N7 with 4.4.4 has become slow and a bit buggy. I have tried clearing the system cache and also did a full reset. Nothing helps.
Right now the most annoying bug is I intermittently lose access to anything on my local network. The N7 states my local media servers can't be found. However at the same time, my internet access is fine on the N7. I never have a problem with internet access, so this isn't an issue with the WiFi. To be honest it acts like there's a firewall between the N7 and any local IP addresses. Rebooting doesn't help. But sometimes for some reason the issue just stops and I can access my media servers for a while. I don't have any Android security software installed.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm ready to try downgrading back to 4.4.4 if I can't get this fixed.

Krak-a-Lakn

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
D'oh!
I just figured out what was happening. Since the upgrade to 5.0.1 the tablet would randomly connect to my WiFi routers guest network instead of my main WiFi network. Being a "guest" network doesn't have access to my LAN. I resolved this my telling the tablet to "forget" the guest network's password.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samira