Received Nexus 7 from Groupon

rupam95

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
And it's going back because of a dust under the screen. I was starting to like the little guy, but the dust is too noticeable. Is there any way of safely moving the dust out or is returning the best option?

Posted via the Android Central App

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
I think it would be impossible to remove the dust. You would have to separate the screen from the digitizer I think and that would just open up a whole new problem!. Best bet is to exchange it

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I ordered one for my Dad, since it seems print publications are moving to digital viewing more and more. The one we got was flawless, and his buttons are better than mine. From day one, my power and volume buttons have been flush with the casing, making them hard to feel. His stick past the casing just enough to make it easier to use, and have a more solid feel to them as well. I would've given him mine, but mine is a 32GB and the ones from Groupon were 16GB, so not an option for me. But all in all, I'm pleased with the purchase.

williams3803

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
I also got the Nexus 7 from groupon and it will not even turn on after charging for over 24hours. I tried everything I could find on the internet to reset it and get it to turn on. When charging the screen seems a little brighter than just the pitch black but still doesn't show any signs of turning on or logos. And this was a 32gb with wifi and 4G. Not too sure if groupon will replace or if I would have to get a refund. Kinda pissed cause this was a Christmas present for my son and it is a dud!

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure you have pressed and held the power button for a good 30 seconds then right? If not do that.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I may be missing something here, but Groupon didn't offer a 32GB version, only the 16GB model. Unless they did that after the 16s were sold out, but the offer went almost up until Xmas.

And as brosko said, you need to hold the button down for quite awhile, pretty much until it turns on. It's not press and release, it's press and hold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781