nexus 7 (2nd gen) update error HELP please?

je_modz_yt

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
hi i got a nexus 7 2013 (2nd gen) for Christmas and it is on 4.3 and it has update for 4.4.2 but it wont let me update ? it comes up with a error a bit of they way in to the installing part and it has android robot laying down with error under it ?

please help i have tried adb update but that just dose the same thing

please respond

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like your stock recovery has been damaged. Was this device ever unlocked or rooted?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Since it is new, I would contact ASUS or the place it was purchased at and warranty the item. This is something not of your doing, it sounds software related but could be hardware and in any event you shouldn't have to deal with this from a new product.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Since it is new, I would contact ASUS or the place it was purchased at and warranty the item. This is something not of your doing, it sounds software related but could be hardware and in any event you shouldn't have to deal with this from a new product.

Good advice! Definitely take it back. It's Ridiculous to have to deal with that with a brand new tablet.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes that is the best course of action. Sure we could attempt to enable developer options, unlock the bootloader on the tablet and force flash the update and in the process it should fix the problem if it is software related but that isn't something this member or any other customer with a brand new device should have to do.

And in the process if something else goes wrong, then the customer is left holding the bag with a unlocked and screwed up device that would then be voiding their warranty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech