Why isn't my charging indicator working?

Library_Gamer

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Charging indicator not working

Sorry if you've seen this before... Reposting to a more specific forum:

OK, this is a weird one. So I have a Nexus 7 (2013) which has been working fine for a long time, even better with lollipop. That is until I stream tunes to a Bluetooth speaker with it at a Christmas party. I had the dreaded connection problems everyone had with Kitkat... Which is weird because I didn't have those before Lollipop. But that's NOT what the prob is now.

Since I used Bluetooth (the only thing I've done differently than normal lately) my tablet doesn't know when it is charging. It actually seems to charge fine, both on the Qi charger and through a cord, but the little lightning symbol never appears, and checking the battery life only gives the estimate to run-down, (instead of until fully charged) even as it's charging.

The only way I can tell it is actually charging (other than waiting) is by fully powering off, which will then show that charge-up animation before shutting down.

Any ideas?

Library_Gamer

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
re:

Thanks for the response! I should have thought of that. Sadly though it didn't work. Faced with a factory reset vs a tablet that doesn't know it's charging (but is) I guess I'll live with the latter. :-\

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
re:

Do you have any 3rd party battery manager/battery saver apps installed? Or are you running a 3rd party launcher?

Library_Gamer

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
re:

Nope. It's all stock. The only thing I run that might affect it is the 360 Security Anti-virus and cleaner. HMMMMMM. Waitaminnit... That does have a battery save feature in sleep mode. I'll post an update after I tinker - Thanks!

Library_Gamer

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
re:

*sigh* Yes, that was the problem. The 360 Security Anti-virus app, by, by Qihoo. As soon as I uninstalled and rebooted, the charging indicator came back. Too bad. It was the first Anti-virus I ever found that you could describe as fun. Lol.

It's just so weird that it was only a prob after Bluetooth usage. Oh well, back to Avast or McAfee, or my flavor or the month. ;-)

Thanks for the help!

Library_Gamer

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Re: Charging indicator not working

The charger, yes, most of the time. The cord is long gone, but I have decent (Belkin) 6 foot replacement. I've used many cords over the years.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

See what happens with other cables--preferably ones that came with any of your other devices.

Library_Gamer

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site

Haha. Been there, done that. Oh well. The main point is it still charges, just doesn't know it. I can check the percentage any time, and did so even when I could see the lightning bolt. Thanks for the help!

Library_Gamer

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site

Update: I think my micro USB port is slightly broken. I just tried to connect the Nexus 7 with a PC, and it couldn't recognize it. Looks like it's NFC and Qi from now on.... of course it does give me an excuse to get the Nexus 9. ;-)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol