Slow charging?

JIH2009

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Are you guys experiencing slow charging on your N7'13? I was at about 5%, put it on the Tylt wireless charger, 5 hours later it's only at 75%. Seems like that is a very long time. Any thoughts or ideas??

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Remember that wireless charging is inherently less efficient than plugging it in via USB. You'll have to gather some comparison data over time to determine if five hours is a reasonable amount of time to get to 75% from 5%. It may depend on your particular charging pad (I haven't looked at the specs to see if all Qi chargers provide the same wattage).

jfd3

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I have 2 different qi chargers that I use on both my Z3v and my N7 2013. 20%/hr is what I get on either device when charging via qi regardless of which charger I use. That's with the screen off and nothing running.

Posted via Android Central App

RattleSnake506

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I experienced the same issue last night. And came back here to see if there is a thread about this issue.
Wireless charging used to be faster on KitKat. Lollipop 5.0.1 definitely has an impact in this in my opinion.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

JIH2009

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I've started to use the AC charger that came with my Droid Turbo and the difference from wireless charging is huge. It will charge from 50% to full in 60 mins.

Barbara Fuentes

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
Same problem but in spades. Using the wire charger it charges slowly, but something is clearly eating power since it went from 45% to 19% in a single hour just running New York Times. Plugged it into a charger with an indicator light and it flashes, so sometimes it's receiving charge and sometimes it isn't. Battery Widget (I forget its name) shows the same thing--sometimes it's receiving charge and sometimes it's discharging, making for a net slow charge.

It's dead now, and will be posted to Seoul for a proper fix tonight. Curse this Lollipop--I'm traveling Friday and really wanted it along.