Why is my Nexus 7 stuck at Bootloader?

Rob Grieve

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Nexus 7 Stuck at Bootloader

Okay so I'm stuck.
My nexus 7 (WIFI 2013) is stuck at the bootloader and I've tried all sorts of things. It originally happened after the OTA for lollipop the device went into a boot loop of sorts so I tried to fix it and long story short its now stuck at the bootloader, the recover partition is gone so no recovery mode. I am trying to restore the device using a factory image but when I come to unlock the bootloader I get as far as sending the command using adb and selecting Yes on the device then it doesn't proceed. I have left it for hours and over night, it doesn't move.
So now I'm stuck and tried everything to get it back working.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. If you need any more information of my situation let me know.
Thanks

Rob Grieve

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: Nexus 7 Stuck at Bootloader

I will give that a go.
Just a quick update, when using fastboot I can erase any portion and get a confirmation but the userdata one. When trying to do fastboot erase userdata it just hangs forever and I've left it over night. The same problem happens when I'm trying to unlock the bootloader, the erase userdata is the part that is stuck.

Rob Grieve

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: Nexus 7 Stuck at Bootloader

So I'm trying everything but nothing, the one thing that is preventing everything is the fact the bootloader is locked. I have tried everything to unlock it but it wont. The tablet goes into some sort of freeze state during the process. I just need the bootloader unlocked then it will be fine

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz