Nexus 7 ADB help

Deferno54

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
So I have a perfectly fine Nexus 7 2013 running android 4.4.4. Back in October I rooted it using the nexus root toolkit. It is using the recovery teamwin. Like last month I received the ota update (finally) but when I went to install it the thing brought me to the teamwin recovery mode screen! So after relentless factory resets and so on, I decided that I would sideload the update on my device. I was planning on locking my bootloader as I don't need it rooted, but my problem is that although it is recognized on the computer, when I look for the list of ADB devices it says unauthorized and on the nexus toolkit it says "not found". This is getting very frustrating and after like 100 driver uninstallations and installations I gave up and went here for help. So can anybody help me out here? Please?

Thanks!
Def

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Once the phone has been rooted, an update should fail at the root check. (It's possible to root a phone, make some changes, then unroot it, and the changes will cause an update to brick the phone.)

Back up everything. Flash a full 4.4.4 stock ROM. Update. Restore everything.

Deferno54

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
Once the phone has been rooted, an update should fail at the root check. (It's possible to root a phone, make some changes, then unroot it, and the changes will cause an update to brick the phone.)

Back up everything. Flash a full 4.4.4 stock ROM. Update. Restore everything.

In order to flash a new system image the nexus has to be detected in the computer on the adb driver test. For me, however, nothing is be detected when I do the test hence why it isn't working out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21