Why isn't my Nexus 7 2013 able to find any available wifi networks?

jld610

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Nexus 7 2013 wifi not finding any available networks

About 3 weeks ago I updated to 5.0.1, rooted, and everything was running smoothly. A few days ago the tablet was lagging a bit so I rebooted. The wifi symbol was greyed/empty and there were no networks showing in the list. Other devices were able to view and connect with no problem, but I tried rebooting both the tablet several times and then the wifi, changing the settings, refreshing, removing the network from the list and adding again but still wouldn't show.

I tried connecting at a friends house but same thing; nothing showing as available no matter what setting or frequency selected. Thought it was a software issue so I did a factory reset and now I'm stuck on the Select Wifi screen and it says 'searching for wifi networks' and never moves off the screen. The skip is greyed out as well. I'm not sure where to go from here; an antenna problem maybe? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Nexus 7 2013 wifi not finding any available networks

There were reasons 5.0.1 was suspended. Now you know one of them. If it was an OTA update from Google, contact them. If it was from a carrier, bring the tab in to them.

Lupelamenta

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site

I'm experiencing constant wi-fi drops on Nexus 7 tablet (2013 2nd generation) ever since ota update to 5.0.1, Network connection is hit or miss. When I try to reconnect it says either "saved," or "authentication problem." Then out of the blue it may connect for about 45 seconds and drop; or it will connect for 30 minutes and drop again. I've tried just about everthing: static ip and vice versa; static DNS; DCHP; switched to airplane and then back to network; changed router channel, rebooted; turned it off, back on again; rebooted modem and router. Some of this works for a short while but invariably, I lose my connection no matter what.

Yesterday, I managed to keep the network by unplugging router and modem for 10 seconds and then reconnecting. Tablet stayed on network for over an hour before going off.

This is maddening. From what I read, the 5.0.2 update is not addressing this issue.

physioprof

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site

It is interesting to contrast these threads about severe Lollipop problems people are having with the threads in which people are angry that they haven't received an OTA Lollipop update yet and the threads in which people have tried to install Lollipop from factory images and messed up their tablets. I guess the difference is some people bought the Nexus because they like to tinker and some people bought it just to use as a tablet.

parchping

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

You left one big case off the list--those of us who have updated and have zero problems. I bet this is a far larger group of people.
2013 Nexus7 running 5.02

I really don't see how 5.0x can be blamed alone; it must be a combination of 5.0x and certain apps (or maybe because it's Tuesday). I do admit to doing zero gaming and only running a few apps.

Lupelamenta

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Got ota 5.0.2 update yesterday. WiFi better, but not perfect. Certainly not as reliable as it was before 5.0.1. Only drops occasionally if signal weaker.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez