How to Calibrate Screen after replacing charging board?

drs-eater

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

Hope someone can help me here.

Problem: Typical wobbling charging port and eventually wouldn't charge at all. 1 week out of warranty with Asus so they refused to help.

What I have done: I bought an ME571K SUB_BD./AS board from asusparts.eu and managed to fit it. The charging now works perfectly.

Unfortunately as stated on their site, " this part may have to be calibrated to work with your unit." . So when I load the Nexus now it boots but there is zero response from the screen. I have contacted Asus but the call centre said he didn't think it needed calibration but he doesn't know as he doesn't have access to any information. To send it to Asus is £50 (which is fine if that sorted it) but he couldn't tell me what the charge for anything was or what that £50 is for other than booking it in. So they could charge me £150... or whatever they like.

I haven't rooted it or done anything else but I can get into the FastBoot menu and tried factory resetting to see if this did something. It didn't.

I cannot find any information or guides on calibrating the screen from the position I am in. All of the tools I have seen are for minor calibration and not for the screen not working at all.

Quite gutted as the tablet is great and if I can get this sorted it will last me for a good while.

Really hope someone can help and many thanks in advance. :-\

parchping

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I don't know anything about the board, I'm speaking from general experience.
Take another look at your work, using a magnifier and patience. Make sure there isn't some error or bad connection.