I broke it

ramonm2

Dec 23, 2010
ramonm2.blogspot.com
so about 2 weeks ago I broke my nexus 7 2013. It doesn't look like it even charges and it doesn't turn on at all. I broke it by getting in bed and my knee landed dead center on the screen. I've called places and I'm looking at around 200 to fix it. Does anyone know how to fix it or know anyone around the LA area who could fix it?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
$200 probably assumes that the screen is all that's broken. Unless a shop has had it open on the bench, that's just a guess and you could end uppaying for a new screen and still not have a working phone. If it does nothing (no vibration, no LED, etc.) I'd suspect a broken motherboard as well, at least. If you bent the frame, that has to be replaced as well. It may not actually pay to repair it. (Replacing all the major parts usually costs more than the original device - it's like having all the parts on a car replaced. The machines that put these things together don't get $50/hour for labor.)

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Give how old these things are you might be better getting a used unit on eBay or checking on Woot or another deal site. I see Amazon sell the 16 gb version for $160

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
so about 2 weeks ago I broke my nexus 7 2013. It doesn't look like it even charges and it doesn't turn on at all. I broke it by getting in bed and my knee landed dead center on the screen. I've called places and I'm looking at around 200 to fix it. Does anyone know how to fix it or know anyone around the LA area who could fix it?

Hate to say it, but you'll probably be better off replacing it. They're still available, and at a price much less than you'll probably spend to try fixing it. Good luck.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois