Nexus 7 (2013) SDK error - NEED HELP PLEASE!

dankhemingway

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I am hoping someone can help me. I have having issues with my tablet as well as having other strange problems I did not have prior to the Lolipop 5.0.2 update.

I continue to get the following error message: Trying SDK – 21 –---- getPhone error – java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'java.lang.String com.woodslink.android.wiredheadphoneroutingfix.phone.enumPhones.name()' on a null object reference

It pops up multiple times a day. It started happening after the Lolipop 5.0.2 update. The table is not rooted and completely stock.

Additionally and I am assuming this is related, z7-android-log files are being generated frequently. 100 plus new files are created every few days which I have to manually delete.

A few more things worth mentioning that may be relevant. Not sure if any of these things are in fact related but they have all started since the update.

I have noticed that the program Outlook.com has not been working properly. The connection to the server continually times out and the only way for me to connect is by restarting the tablet. Is this the reason for the z7 log files?

Another issues is Pandora. It crashes constantly. The only way to get it to work is to restart the tablet.

Also just to let you know I use a program called SoundAbout to prevent the speaker from working despite headphones being plugged into the tablet. I have had this problem since I have owned the tablet.

Thank you in advance for any assistance solving this issue. It is most annoying and I don't have a clue to how to resolve the issue. Please let me know if I need to provide additional information.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried a factory reset? That may be needed to fix the error(s) you are having with the device. Also, please me mindful when posting for help and refrain from creating multiple threads. Two of the three threads you opened were closed.

dankhemingway

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Thank for your reply. I did not see the new thread created hence the reason I posted more than once, please forgive me.

I would prefer not to do a factory reset if possible. Is this problem too specific to troubleshoot?

Last edited:

gadgetgirl3

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Being as you have multiple issues after the update, I can't see any other option than a factory reset. You might try going into recovery and wiping the cache. Also, you might try uninstalling SoundAbout as "wiredheadphoneroutingfix" is referenced in the error.

Update: I definitely think it is SoundAbout causing the problem. A quick Google search of the term "woodslink", also in the error, reveals that the dev's email address is SoundAbout@woodslink.net!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

dankhemingway

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Thank you very much for the reply. I appreciate your advise.

Tried uninstalling SoundAbout and wiping cache but continue to have problems. A factory reset it is!

Again, thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22